PDA

View Full Version : heat an outdoor pool/ cool a house

JerryO
14-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Hi

I have a 7 year old heat pump for my swimming pool, which is decommissioned in winter, and would like to air condition my home with a heat pump. Can I use one installation to serve both purposes?

Sorry if this answer already appears in the forum.

Thanks.

Jerry

chemi-cool
14-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Hi Jerry And welcome.
Basically its not a problem if the capacity is enough to cool the house.

You will have to make it a split heat pump or make ducts to deliver the cold air inside and back to the heat pump.

what will happened when the house is cold enough and the pool is still too cold? The cold air will have to be diverted out or at least warm air will have to be mixed with the cold air. And Don't forget the controls you will need.....

I think that there are too many problems will arise and eventually it will become too expensive. But that's my opinion only.

icecube51
14-07-2010, 06:03 PM
And Don't forget the controls you will need.....

I think that there are too many problems will arise and eventually it will become too expensive. But that's my opinion only.
I cant agree more Chemi, but things like this soult be taken as a hobby, start from scrats and trowaways.
Build it as you go whit the idea, if it works and do an accepteble job, you will be so proud you ever started this.;)

Ice