PDA

View Full Version : Weak portable cooler output

Gram-man
14-07-2010, 08:13 AM
I have Ariagel Eco 2000 R407C portable airconditioner (around 6000 Btu). The ouput air temperature is not very cool. Only 17 degrees C (approx 63 F). The outgoing air is very hot. I can't get any indications when searching leaks with a leak detector and I believe that these portable coolers leak seldomly. Any suggestions? The filter is OK and the machine isn't very dusty either.

adam_brooks
14-07-2010, 08:39 AM
could be a crook expansion device causing drop in cooling performance and lower suction pressures also would cause it to make too much heat/ high pressures.

Gram-man
14-07-2010, 09:17 AM
Sounds possible. I measured the current draw and it is 3.5 A which is OK. So the compressor probably is in condition and can produce compression.

Is there anything what I could do? I can't post pictures yet but please copypaste the address below and take a look. Is the red framed component the expansion device/valve? Sorry about stupid question. I am an electronic maintenance engineer.

dy.fi/50r

dcool
14-07-2010, 09:35 AM
NO its the drier ,the one to the left coiled up in the black square cover is the exp device ,you could check temp difference on pencil drier,you have mark should be almost the same in and out 8-)

Brian_UK
14-07-2010, 09:36 PM
What state is the condenser coil in? Has it been cleaned?

Is it a water cooled condenser?, been descaled?

mikeref
15-07-2010, 05:50 AM
A 7000 btu a/c will use a capillary tube in place of a tx valve.What we need to know is the temp. difference across the evaporator,( air on and air off) which should be around 12 to 14 deg. c in a good working unit on medium fan speed. therefore with 17c coming out, i would expect say 29c air temp in the room, meaning a/c is fine just too small for the job.