PDA

View Full Version : RE-Install

spimps
14-07-2010, 06:55 AM
Have been asked to re - install a couple of high wall units.
Customer bought them from a shop closing down (they were correctly pumped down).
They are on R 22,so as they are not new,would I be contravening regs if I installed them using their current charge of R22 or do I have to/or should I change refrigerant whilst at it.

bill234
14-07-2010, 02:23 PM
if you have any queuries installation plz contact me

james10
14-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Technically you can as the refrigerant is not virgin 22, but personally i would change the refrigerant to R417a whilst i was at it

Makeit go Right
16-07-2010, 02:36 PM
I would say yes, it's ok.

The reinstall would not contravene the F-gas regs (assuming your are safe-qualified and company Fgas-registered), providing you do not purchase/obtain any virgin R22. You can buy reclaimed R22, nothing wrong with that.

But stress to the customer that there would be no guarentee on the system working/lasting, as you did not(?) take them down (decommission them).

Hopefully the takedown crew brazed off the room unit ends - might be a good idea to fit a drier, anyway.

I wouldn't change to 417a; just reuse the existing charge and get some reclaimed R22 for top-up (if needed). If operation temperatures good, should be ok.