PDA

View Full Version : Two section vertical condenser

Aik
13-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Hi
Have two section vertical condencer with two inlet and two outlet conections.
There are interesting question: how does arrange pipelines?
I suppose that for properly condencer work, pressure drop of the sections with their connection pipes must be equal, but there is different heights in wich they situated.
Could you check my solution please?

lana
14-07-2010, 05:15 AM
Hi there,

This kind of condensers are designed for two separate cycles (compressors), each section must be connected to one compressor.
If you have one compressor and want to connect it to this condenser then there is no problem.
If you have head pressure control (fan cycling) then you have to turn off/on the fans in pairs.

Cheers

Aik
14-07-2010, 07:14 AM
Thanks
In my system there is one refrigeration cycle for two sections.
Hot gas distribution must be the same in both sections. One section situated higher and condencing pressure will be less then in lower section.
It's my opinion... could anybody tell about arrangement of pipelines in thise case? Or may be there is any recomendations?

Peter_1
14-07-2010, 08:05 AM
Aik, Lana, you can connect both together but I will have to make a schematic of it.
This evening or tomorrow when I have a free day here in Belgium
You have to use a siphon to overcome pressure difference.
Or you may enter your discharge in the middle and split both with equal length to both coils and outlet both at the lowest part
But with a siphon, you're sure.
Or I can scan the relevant pages from Ind. Refr. from Stoecker.

Aik
14-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Aik, Lana, you can connect both together but I will have to make a schematic of it.
Or you may enter your discharge in the middle and split both with equal length to both coils and outlet both at the lowest part
Thanks a lot, Peter_1
It would be good to see all about thise problem, because it's very interesting question for me. Really, now I don't understand some physics sides of thise question... and want to gain an understanding.

icecube51
14-07-2010, 06:39 PM
Yo Peter, i would like to see yore solustion to. Can you sent me a copy?........please:o

Ice

Aik
01-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Sorry for persistence, could you scan the relevant pages from Ind. Refr. from Stoecker?

Peter_1
02-08-2010, 10:24 AM
Forgot this completely. Can you send me in PM your regular email please because I can't reduce it to a size allowed by this forum

chemi-cool
02-08-2010, 10:51 AM
Forgot this completely. Can you send me in PM your regular email please because I can't reduce it to a size allowed by this forum

Hi Peter,
you can try www.tinypic.com

Peter_1
02-08-2010, 12:20 PM
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DAADYTU4

Aik
02-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Thanks Peter_1.
Thise for ammonia systems or for refrigerant such as R404a, R22 and etc.?

Peter_1
02-08-2010, 04:20 PM
The natural phenomenas regarding pressure drop and pressure losses remains valid for every circulating liquid. So the solutions are valid for every refrigerant.

Aik
02-08-2010, 05:39 PM
The natural phenomenas regarding pressure drop and pressure losses remains valid for every circulating liquid. So the solutions are valid for every refrigerant.
I have never seen equaliser line in nonammonia systems...

Sandro Baptista
02-08-2010, 06:53 PM
I have never seen equaliser line in nonammonia systems...

If it's just one condenser with 1 circuit you will need it. Just make sure that discharge liquid line have a very very low velocity 0,3 m/s will more than sufficient so the vapor refrigerant can pass through the liquid without blockage this one.

Sandro Baptista
02-08-2010, 06:55 PM
I'm sorry I meant "If it's just one condenser with 1 circuit you will not need it"

Peter_1
02-08-2010, 10:21 PM
Aik, have you ever tried to fill a bottle with streaming water where there's no possibility that air can escape out of the bottle to replace the filling water? This won't work.

Or what if 1 l/s arrives in the receiver from eh codennser and only 0.8 l/s is leaving the receiver? (or in other words, more liquid coming in then going out of it) You will have a pressure buildup and the liquid will backup in the condenser.

Sandro Baptista
02-08-2010, 11:59 PM
You can also communicate the upper part of the receiver (vapor) with the liquid separator/surge drum with pipe of very small cross section. The surge drum is connected to the LP, which is a much lower pressure and so the liquid receiver will be at a lower pressure than the condensers and so the liquid can be drained without a problem (no equalising line is needed). However with this method more energy is spent / less capacity plant because part of the vapour sucked by the compressor is from the HP, where it should be condensed.

Aik
03-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Aik, have you ever tried to fill a bottle with streaming water where there's no possibility that air can escape out of the bottle to replace the filling water? This won't work.

Or what if 1 l/s arrives in the receiver from eh codennser and only 0.8 l/s is leaving the receiver? (or in other words, more liquid coming in then going out of it) You will have a pressure buildup and the liquid will backup in the condenser.
Thanks a lot. I found thise handbook and understand all... very useful book.

Peter_1
04-08-2010, 06:24 AM
You can also communicate the upper part of the receiver (vapor) with the liquid separator/surge drum with pipe of very small cross section. The surge drum is connected to the LP, which is a much lower pressure and so the liquid receiver will be at a lower pressure than the condensers and so the liquid can be drained without a problem (no equalising line is needed). However with this method more energy is spent / less capacity plant because part of the vapour sucked by the compressor is from the HP, where it should be condensed.

As far as I understand this setup, there is no surge drum, this is a common DX setup with distance aircooled condensers. Your solution is not energy friendly and you describe anyhow an additional line to be installed

Sandro Baptista
04-08-2010, 09:28 AM
As far as I understand this setup, there is no surge drum, this is a common DX setup with distance aircooled condensers. Your solution is not energy friendly and you describe anyhow an additional line to be installed

This was just a response to AKI when he said:
"I have never seen equaliser line in nonammonia systems..." so I just was tell him another possibilities.