PDA

View Full Version : Formula Sheets for all volume, air,amp an kw

Williebarn
13-07-2010, 05:18 PM
Hi, im looking for a calc sheet of some sort for myself an any junior staff to keep on hand to refer to when having to work out air volumes, amp ratings ect!!! If any1 could suggest something that would be great!

B G Scott
13-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Hi, im looking for a calc sheet of some sort for myself an any junior staff to keep on hand to refer to when having to work out air volumes, amp ratings ect!!! If any1 could suggest something that would be great!
I am sorry but I don't understand what exactly you are asking for.
Are you asking for a given volume of air being moved the anticipated current drawn by a Fan?
Please provide a more detailed request and I am sure members of this forum will be glad to assist.

Brian_UK
13-07-2010, 10:41 PM
Give them a set of the Fan Laws, airflow and pressure measuring equipment,amp probe and a calculator.

Williebarn
15-07-2010, 06:10 AM
Hi, sorry if my question was unclear, im looking for a formula sheet of some sort that will help our guys with working out firstly the area of what ever duct type they would be measuring eg - circle, sphere ect, then after measuring the airflow for them to know how to work out the meters cube or liters cube, so basically some sort of guide that the can keep in hand with most of the formula's they would need to balance air.

Also some sort of formula sheet that would help them with converting eg watts to kilowatts, or to work out the rated amps for a motor when they just know what the kilowatt of the motor is.

Hope that is more clear, my first language is afrikaans an sometimes i struggle in english to get my point across

Brian_UK
15-07-2010, 06:07 PM
If they can't use a calculator or a piece of paper to obtain those results then they need better training.

Can you not do something in a spreadsheet for them?

frank
15-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Hi, sorry if my question was unclear, im looking for a formula sheet of some sort that will help our guys with working out firstly the area of what ever duct type they would be measuring eg - circle, sphere ect, then after measuring the airflow for them to know how to work out the meters cube or liters cube, so basically some sort of guide that the can keep in hand with most of the formula's they would need to balance air.

Also some sort of formula sheet that would help them with converting eg watts to kilowatts, or to work out the rated amps for a motor when they just know what the kilowatt of the motor is.

Hope that is more clear, my first language is afrikaans an sometimes i struggle in english to get my point across
To calculate duct area:
Circular = r2 x Pi (22/7)
Rectangular = W x H
To calculate volume flow:
Area x Velocity
To convert Watts to Kilowatts:
Watts / 1000
To calculate Amp draw for a motor:
Watts / Volts