PDA

View Full Version : Low DP

zafarpkk
13-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Hy Friends,
im zafar from pakistan working in Petronas.
Raising question first time on this forum to all of you to give me the solution.
In 2005 We have installed 150 HP WCVH 204/110 SRC 0401 startec refrigeration screw compressor.
Now a days our compressor trips on low lube oil Dp, can any one tell me the causes of that please?
Thx & best regards
zafar

goshen
14-07-2010, 05:02 AM
Hy Friends,
im zafar from pakistan working in Petronas.
Raising question first time on this forum to all of you to give me the solution.
In 2005 We have installed 150 HP WCVH 204/110 SRC 0401 startec refrigeration screw compressor.
Now a days our compressor trips on low lube oil Dp, can any one tell me the causes of that please?
Thx & best regards
zafar
Hi:
could be many reasons,oil filter,low head pressure,low oil,i am not so fammiliar with startec comps but oil dp usualy means somthing is not building enough pressure or somthing is clogged.;)
good luck

Grizzly
14-07-2010, 06:12 AM
As Goshen implies!
Try changing the oil filter and if necessary the oil.
Normally just changing the oil filter is suffice.
Grizzly

R. skiffington
15-07-2010, 08:54 AM
WHat is the application? is the oil seperator operating properly? is there liquid refrigerant returning to the compressor at any stage? liquid refrigerant can cause oil to be washed out of the compressor sump. Also always check the oil protection is the last safety device on the control circuit, i've found on several occasions the oil protection before other safety devices like lp or Hp switch and the unit is actually tripping on LP but leaving power on the oil protection which will cause it to trip.