PDA

View Full Version : pipes through flat roof

Andy AC
12-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Do any of you know where to get a galvanised roof cowl/riser thingy to enable pipework etc. to go straight up through a flat roof? I came across some on the net the other day whilst looking for something completely different, but cannot remember where. Need a couple for a job coming up.

Andy

mdbalson
12-07-2010, 09:29 PM
At the firm I work at we have used a product called "DEKTITE" for the situation you have said about.

They come with different diameter holes in the middle to fit around the pipes.

Type Dektite into google to see if it will meet your needs.

Andy AC
12-07-2010, 09:41 PM
No, it's not a decktite. It's a small galvanised upstand with a removable top so you can pass the pipework through and bend back down towards the roof, then put the lid back on.

nick uk
12-07-2010, 10:30 PM
we always used to get the ducy manufacturer to knock them up andy

nick uk
12-07-2010, 10:30 PM
that should be duct

R1976
12-07-2010, 10:35 PM
It's called a 'Roof-Nek' and made by 'Roof-Pro'.

Decktite's are for ducting and you will not permanently seal multiple services passing through them. ie. pipes and cables.

Andy AC
12-07-2010, 10:39 PM
Yep, that's the sort of thing. Looks a bit more expensive than the ones I'm thinking of though.

tonyh
12-07-2010, 11:24 PM
I think the manufacturers of the big foot systems for flat roofs now do a galvanised riser for flat roofs, sorry no idea of there price.

Prince Vaillant
13-07-2010, 03:59 PM
The Big Foot Range of "swan necks" can be found here (http://www.ryanairconspares.com/foot-roof-support-systems-foot-roof-outlet-swan-necks-c-27_448.html)

RSTC
14-07-2010, 06:16 PM
I used to get a 4" or 6" roof fan casing without the fan guts somewhere. They were designed to be flashed, looked much better than something that the ducter would make up and I think were cheaper in the end. Ring a fan supplier and see if they will get a couple for you.

I can imagine some savvy entrepreneurial forum member on Dragon's Den with an idea soon...

still learning
16-07-2010, 07:04 PM
what about a rubber slate with galvinised flashing attached, and a length of 4 inch rain water pipe with two 45 bends (push fit) and a pot of roof repair compound to seal the "rubber slate" to the roof.
never had any complaints about leaks, from this cheap, but not very nice looking approach.
you did not say if it was a ruberoid type roof , fibreglass, or a pvc heat welded roof ie sarnafil or similar, good luck.