PDA

View Full Version : dry fan coil unit

Lc_shi
09-05-2005, 01:19 AM
who can help me to offer me the manufacturers of dry FCU(without condensate)? i need to know some information about this product. thx in advance.

rgds
lichuan

BritCit_Juve
10-05-2005, 10:44 PM
The easy answer is its down to the system design.
The system needs to be selected to give the required duty with the cooling coil coldest point temperature above the dewpoint temperature of the air.
ie if a chilled water fan coil was being selected with water entering at 8°C with an air on temperature of 21°Cdb and 15°C wb the coil shouldn't sweat as there is no latent cooling.
Likewise if a dx selection is required then the condensing unit would be selected to give an evaporating temperature of around 8°C by down sizing the CU or using a larger FCU.

BritCit

Lc_shi
11-05-2005, 01:17 AM
Hi Britcit,
Thanks. You're right.
Convention FCU is designed on the condition of 7C inlet and 12C return chilled water and take the dehumidification task. Simply changing the conventional FCU to dry condition is not a good way, there should be specific product for it. Dry FCU can have more flexible installation. I'm not sure if there is such product in Europe.

rgds
lichuan

BritCit_Juve
11-05-2005, 08:22 PM
Hi lichuan
In the UK we only use high sensible units in computer or PABX rooms and these are usually designed with high air flow volume and a high water temperature.
The important factor is still the water temperature. No matter what the coil design if it is at a low enough temperature it will sweat.
The coil design needs to be considered in regards to the airflow volume as well as the room condition as the air condition and coil temperatures need to be considered through the coil to ensure that at no point throgh the coil do you get below the dewpoint temperature at the coil surface while maximizing the coil efficiency.
Ergo close control or computer room units are not suitable for cooling your living room, they are way to big and noisey/

Regards
BritCit

Lc_shi
12-05-2005, 01:30 AM
Hi BritCit
Big volume air and high water temp is not fit for livimg room.
If using in living room,dry FCU must combine dedicated outside fresh air unit to supply dry cool air to the room to rid off latent heat. Dry FCU is only for the sensible so it need not too much air volume and work at low level noise.
thx for your idea.

rgds
lichuan

Lc_shi
16-05-2005, 02:29 AM
thanks for Dcasystem (this is not your name???)
i'll contact them.

Lc_shi
18-05-2005, 02:29 AM
Hi David,

I've sent my add by email to you. looking forward to your brochure. I'll study the products at first to confirm if there is potentials in China.thanks

rgds
lichuan