PDA

View Full Version : How much to fix????

monkey spanners
11-07-2010, 12:57 PM
I was thinking the other day how people don't call us to fix things, or install things or find a solution to a problem.

This is what they think they do but it isn't.

What they do is call us to save them money. How much to fix? is the often asked question, or how much is a call out?

The problem come in when they get their cheap fix or install but exect it to perform like it was designed with working well as its main criteria and not being cheap.

Grizzly
11-07-2010, 01:09 PM
Yeah,
And I bet you remember the days when a customer with a breakdown used to be glad to see you?
The only time most are happy now is when the bill goes against someone else or warranty.
" Such is life" as they say.
Mind you deal with the Agricultural side though MS.
There is not a lot "Cultural" about Farmers.
It always amasses me when the cheese factory I maintain equipment on, has an open day for the dairy farmers.
There is not a Farmers vehicle in the car park with a retail value of less than £30,000.
Poor Farmers!!
Grizzly

lice to chill
11-07-2010, 01:27 PM
agree wholeheartedly .if you get a haircut you pay and you"re happy.if a fridgy shows up its going to cost something . that is up to you and your morals and financial situation..we are welcome when stock losses are critical and caught in between the industry standards and the competition ,I empathise but i wont do the wrong thing anymore and things are better and they come back when the times right.i understand your frustration though.you posts are interesting and not narrow minded .i like that

djbe
11-07-2010, 10:01 PM
I was thinking the other day how people don't call us to fix things, or install things or find a solution to a problem.

This is what they think they do but it isn't.

What they do is call us to save them money. How much to fix? is the often asked question, or how much is a call out?

The problem come in when they get their cheap fix or install but exect it to perform like it was designed with working well as its main criteria and not being cheap.

Just tell them to imagine how much it will cost them if it is not fixed!

If they say nothing then you are wasting your time.

If they say there is 50k of stock in there they have their own answer.

I know what you mean though, we are seen as a necessary evil, a bit like dentists.:mad