PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu split pipes

gazza666
10-07-2010, 09:00 AM
Hi
Just Bought a Fujitsu split system of flebay
It comes pre filled with refrigerant but no pipes
The pipe run I need is 5 meters, is it best to buy the pre made pipes or make my own
The pipe I was thinking of buying are the ECOAIR pipes, how good are the flares on these pipes
The pipes will cost about £76 with postage but I could buy the pipe and make them myself for less than that, but of course a good flaring tool will cost quite a bit
Basically are the flare connections any good on these pipes or would I be better of making them myself
I do have a vac pump and manifold gauges before anybody says I need them
Thanks

james10
10-07-2010, 09:04 AM
Forget about it you cant do it, you need a qualified A/C engineer to carry out this work

lomb
10-07-2010, 09:28 AM
Buy the proper flare tool- eccentric flare kit and pipe reamer
and use refrigeration copper and armaflex. A pipe bender may also be needed depending on what you want to do with the pipes.
Also a refrigeration torque set will be absolutely needed. I bought a digital absolute vacuum gauge to be 95% certain of no leaks which i didnt and havent had across 6 units self installed. Always pull to below 350 microns , and i held below 1000 overnight to be certain. You could if you wanted to gamble use just a manifold with the pulled down system and left overnight but it is Impossible to maintain a vacuum with rubber hoses. You will need a GOOD yellow jacket or equivelent 5/16 to 1/4 inch ball valve to isolate the system from hoses overnight. Before testing vacuum after overnight repull the hoses to vacuum prior to pump isolation to stop air in hoses from overnight getting into the system. I would again repull the vac for 30 minutes just in case if your not sure of the absolute microns or even if you are as usually the air molecules loosen from the pipe walls hence the micron rise.
If you dont have the above tools id punt to a GOOD professional(many gunters around like anything) who has them, they are worth their weight in gold and like everything are definately worth the money. The professionals i mean!

gazza666
10-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Hi
Yes I can do it
All I am asking is which is better in your opinion pre made pipes or do it yourself
Not to difficult is it

lomb
10-07-2010, 09:51 AM
I guess the copper ecoairs are good as they are copper with the ends plugged, its just they wont be as tidy as youl have to hide the excess if theres any. I suppose you could mount the outside unit to suit the pipe length. http://www.airconditioner.me.uk/Easy_Fit_Copper_Pipe_Kit.html
Worth the money i should think will save you alot of time, they wouldnt have been any use to me, i had to run in excess of 150 meters of armaflexed copper! My outside units had to be mounted in certain areas and couldnt be moved to match pipe length.

gazza666
10-07-2010, 11:22 AM
yes I need 5 metres of pipe and I can move the ouside unit to suit the pipe lenght
so if the ecoair pipes are of good quality and the flare ends are good might as well buy them
by the way the pipes I need are 1/4 and 3/8 sizes

james10
10-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Hi
Yes I can do it
All I am asking is which is better in your opinion pre made pipes or do it yourself
Not to difficult is it
I take it your a fully qualified air conditioning/refrigeration engineer with the current refrigerant handling certificates and are aware of your obligations to both personal and environmental safety when dealing with refrigerants and high pressure systems,if your not then you'll find you cant do it

gazza666
10-07-2010, 01:08 PM
I could get refrigerant handling certificates if I wanted to pay £350
For it and do a short course
But does that make me an experienced air con engineer with years of experience
No it does not
If I took the course I would not know any more about air con than I do now
It just means I would have that piece of paper saying I am competent
I do know a lot about Air conditioning and quite capable of doing this job in safety

aircool
10-07-2010, 02:44 PM
I could get refrigerant handling certificates if I wanted to pay £350
For it and do a short course
But does that make me an experienced air con engineer with years of experience
No it does not
If I took the course I would not know any more about air con than I do now
It just means I would have that piece of paper saying I am competent
I do know a lot about Air conditioning and quite capable of doing this job in safety

by asking the question and making the thread,,makes me think you don,t have a clue what your doing..the quicker the cowboys are weeded out the better.:mad:

gazza666
10-07-2010, 06:25 PM
by asking the question and making the thread,,makes me think you don,t have a clue what your doing..the quicker the cowboys are weeded out the better.:mad:

I say if you want a job doing right do it yourself
That’s why I am going to do it because there are two many cowboys out there

nick2ono
15-07-2010, 08:59 AM
I say if you want a job doing right do it yourself
That’s why I am going to do it because there are two many cowboys out there

you are sooo wrong!!! there are many good technicians out there but you are just not searching for one....;)