PDA

View Full Version : replacing daikin board

ducunuwidmeat
10-07-2010, 01:01 AM
can someone pleasehelp with the instruction for a main board for a daikin condensing unit m/n rxymq36mvju . need to replace the board already have new board.

james10
10-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Swap the board like for like (1 terminal off 1 terminal on)Follow the instructions that come with the board to make any changes DONT set as the original

Crash Pilot
10-07-2010, 01:02 PM
I would just rip all the plugs out disconnect all wires and then just start putting back together. All the plugs are colour coded and mated so it is hard to get them wrong. Wires you can look at the diagram.
Dont know that model because it is not sold in Aust

Important notes

If the PCB contains power transitors or diode bridges that require heat thermal past then put it back on.
If there is repair info with the PCB read it because you may need to set the capacity dip switches or use a capacity adaptor based on the capacity of the unit.

Got me interested in that model may just have to look up the specs

Crash Pilot
10-07-2010, 02:21 PM
WhichPCB this unit has 3 .

If it is the controll PCB you should have received the repair in for the dip switches (B72A398D) unless you have a substitute part.

If you get a U3 fault you will need to put the unit through test operation. Hold down the BS 4 button on the outdoor PCB for 5 seconds.

Most info is found on the outdoor cover.

Cheers

ducunuwidmeat
11-07-2010, 04:57 PM
its the main pc board . the only instruction that comes with the board is for the dip switches. now after setting the dip switche is there other instuction for commisioning the board?

Crash Pilot
12-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Not really. The basic setting should be o.k for what you want.
Just set switches and turn power on.
You will more than likely need to put it through a test operation.
If it come up with U3 turn the indoor unit off at the controller and hold down the BS4 button on the outdoor PCB for 5 seconds. The controller will show test until the test function has finished.

Only other settings would be setting mode 2 on the outdoor PCB which you shouldn't have too change.

Thats all you should have to do.
Put covers on while running test operation if air is able to bypass coil with covers off.

ducunuwidmeat
12-07-2010, 11:02 PM
thanks . i got a hold of the distributor which sold me the board regarding the instruction. they have daikin tech called me. one tech said the dip switches labelled ds1 all switches should be the off position and dip switch labelled ds2 number 1 switch should be on and the balance remain off.he also stated that the new board need to be conditioned and i need instruction. the other tech stated thatdip switch labelled ds1 number 4 dip switch to on and the rest to remain in the off position. switch labelled ds2 number 1 to the on position and remaining to the off position. and he said no instruction needed. cannot get a hold of these guys. i noticed you said possibility will need to set mode 2 whats this? is there some type of instruction to set mode 2 ? thanks for any feed back.

Crash Pilot
13-07-2010, 01:53 PM
I am not 100% familiar with this unit because we don't have it in Aust however it looks like it share the same parts as our models. Setting mode 2 is a field code setting function that can be done on the outdoor PCB to change settings and operating parameters.
Factory settings are fine . Outdoor cover should have information on this however if you are not familiar what they do then best not to play with them. No need to change.

ducunuwidmeat
15-07-2010, 05:37 AM
thanks for all yor help i set dip switches to the settings per second tech from daikin. the only problem i had was code u3 . there was a large exhaust fan that was runninig approx 5 ft from condensing unit. i decide to turn exhaust fan and and ran test on unit again no problem. turned on exhaust fan and ran unit now working like a champ. again thanks for your help.

Crash Pilot
15-07-2010, 11:18 AM
No worries good to see you got it sorted