PDA

View Full Version : citb f gas exam

tel
09-07-2010, 05:18 PM
Hi, I am sitting my F-gas exam next week and was wondering if there are any past paper questions relating to it to help me with my studying.

Many Thanks
Terry

Brian_UK
09-07-2010, 10:40 PM
All of the test questions/procedure will have been dealt with in your course notes.

cool runings
11-07-2010, 12:17 AM
Hi, I am sitting my F-gas exam next week and was wondering if there are any past paper questions relating to it to help me with my studying.

Many Thanks
Terry

Where are you doing it mate, because the training centre you use will give you what you need to know..

all the best

coolrunnings

Grizzly
11-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Hi Terry.
Check out the link below.
It should take you to the C&G Booklet of sample questions.
The CITB One is similar I am led to believe?
Which is free to download.
I am sure others have posted this link before.
Enjoy Grizzly

http://www.cityandguilds.com/documents/Centre%20(Generic)/2079_sample_questions_for_web_v1.pdf

chilliwilly
11-07-2010, 12:22 PM
If you've been doing it for a while you shouldn't have any problem passing it. The CITB one is almost identicle to the C&G 2078, and its an open book. The C&G is supposed to be recognised internationally, but when you go for a job abroad they've never heard of them.

You will probably find they will cover more on gas welding safety and brazing preparation. I can honestly say that out in the field when brazing I never used any flux on the joints, I just used the flux already in the rod. There may be other things shown to you that your not familiar with, but don't worry. I hadn't worked on a fridge/aircon system for 23 years and I p!ssed my way through it.

I did the two weeks prep and learning course, I'm glad I did, otherwise I might have failed it. In 23 years a lot had changed and I was very rusty, but never the less I learned the changes and passed. The safe recovery and decanting part was something new, as we never bothered with it back in the eighties. So that was a learning curve for me that was straightened out.

When I did my brazing test the examiner was quite impressed and he asked me if I'd done it before. I told him that I'd done the C&G FJTP1 welding and fabrication back in 82, and I was suprised that I had to prove that I could braze. Anyway good luck with it and don't worry about not passing, its all there for you in the class.