PDA

View Full Version : Trane water chiller

puddleboy3
09-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Hello all! has anyone had any experiance with changing PCB's on a Trane Chiller model ECGCH 250.

We have changed the main controller PCB model: MOD 0054 E which I am told only comes with standard factory settings. I contacted Trane and they tell me that the PCB has to be confgiured on site by a Trane engineer at a very high cost.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

james10
09-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Pay trane and get the job done Carrier and York do the same at the end of the day if they break it they fix it

FreezerGeezer
10-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Yes, you need a Trane guy. Actually it's pretty cheap, because as James says, if it stuffs up, it's their problem.

Just for info, as far as I am aware NO Trane PCB comes ready to run from the factory - there's simply too many options.

goshen
10-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Hello all! has anyone had any experiance with changing PCB's on a Trane Chiller model ECGCH 250.

We have changed the main controller PCB model: MOD 0054 E which I am told only comes with standard factory settings. I contacted Trane and they tell me that the PCB has to be confgiured on site by a Trane engineer at a very high cost.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Hi you could try it your self ,we change these cards all the time, it takes about an hour ,to input all the parameters,make sure all fit the unit ,and run the system,worst case call them and get some help.:)
good luck

puddleboy3
12-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the replys