PDA

View Full Version : apac high head pressure

savoc
09-07-2010, 11:37 AM
I am a nh3 mechanic and have not had much to do with airconditionig. i am having trouble with a Apac airconditioner 36kw. what is the hp cut setting for R22? i found the after market high pressure switch was set to 3000kpa. i belive this is way to high. the head pressure slowy rise to 2500ka. the ambient temp 8 degress. suction 360kpa. air filter brand new. discharge air 31 return 19. the outdoor coil is wet and the suction line after the accumulator is forming white frost back to the compressor and down the body of the compressor is this normal? what are normal pressure for a unit running in heat? weighed in a new charge of gas and change drier. the unit is cutting out for some reason i think it may be head pressure (auto reset). always stops when i walk way from unit.

tradybrad
09-07-2010, 12:58 PM
what are the gas pressures during cooling r they the same? whats the evaporator fan motor operation like? hp controls vary can range from 2800 kpa auto rest or u can have hp controllers that u set cut out pressure yourself with manual reset

Brian_UK
09-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Is the indoor coil clean?

savoc
09-07-2010, 11:31 PM
wash out indoor coil and outdoor coil with coil cleaner. still high head pressures. could the tx vavle be faulty. never worked on heat pumps.