PDA

View Full Version : Industrial plant maintenance

Scott_T_B
09-07-2010, 12:22 AM
Manufacturers of compressors used on large airconditioning or industrial plant require that their products are regularly inspected for wear.

Could some describe the maintence checks one would do on such a plant after

5000 hours or one year

10,000 hours

20,000 hours

any help would be appreciated as i seldom work with larger plant.

josef
09-07-2010, 07:20 PM
You must be specific.

RANGER1
09-07-2010, 10:21 PM
Sabroe have the best advice on this in their recip & screw manuals .

You need
-plant conditions
-speed
-refrigerant type
-type of compressor ie industrial or commercial

Scott_T_B
12-07-2010, 02:22 AM
I dont have any specific data, this is a question for one of my trade papers, I asked the Senior techs at work and went through a few manuals but still dont really have what i require.

TXiceman
18-07-2010, 03:56 AM
The manufacturers manuals will detail a normal maintenance schedule for the type compressor you use.

Ken

ref717
22-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Yup.,usually you can see a detailed maintenance schedule on every OEM's manuals, but it really depends on what type of maintenance evolution your plant is practicing (e.g. preventive, predictive or Pro-active maintenance?.)
For preventive in screw comps.,every 6k hrs or 1 yr. whichever comes first, we usually change oil & oil filter and checks the main drive coupling alignment.
Every 15k hrs. or so, you can check the mech'l. seals of both comp. and oil pump for wear.
Every 25k hrs. or 5 yrs. whichever comes first, you can check the thrust bearings, slide valve guide block and PTFE seals and replace when necessary.
On the other side, correct operation and daily maintenance checks will make your comps. more reliable.;)

Scott_T_B
28-07-2010, 07:36 AM
thanks ref717 for your response.
the maintenance is predictive