PDA

View Full Version : Qualitair Help

Rtic
07-07-2010, 09:22 AM
I need a bit of help with a Qualitair ICC50M (Evaporator).

A customer of mine has acquired a beer cellar system that he wants me to install, however he has mixed and matched. He has a Hubbard Premium Condenser & a Qualitair ICC50M evaporator. I've installed quite a few Qualitair in the last couple of years, and know there’s a signal cable, which the Condenser doesn’t (Just a simple L, N & E).

Of course I can just take out the Qualitair controller & put my own in, but I much rather use its own controller - is this possible?

Thank you for any help - JV

Brian_UK
07-07-2010, 10:53 PM
From what I can find on the Eaton-Williams site the signal from the ICC is a mains, 230vac, output whether the ICC has electro-mechanical or electronic controls.

Just make sure that the phases are the same between the two units.

http://www.eaton-williams.com/qualitair/downloads/manuals/ICC_ICU_application_guide.pdf

Rtic
08-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Thanks Brian - that link help me out no end! Seems the signal is the live being sent back up to the Condenser from the controller. Therefore I'll bring the mains power into the evaporator, & use the incoming natural & that signal (as the live) as a feed to the condenser. Simple really!

Thank you for the help! :)

Brian_UK
08-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Glad to help, you've just to got remember that the Brits don't do complicated. ;)