PDA

View Full Version : RDM power tray need help adjusting defrost parameters through data manager

Chris2005
06-07-2010, 09:20 PM
Hi All,

I have to go to a store in the morning that has the rdm system fitted.
One of the serve overs is icing up over time and I need to adjust defrost settings.

The serve over has a RDM powertray fitted with no display attatched.

Is it possible to set parameters through the data manager without connecting a pc?

Thanks

Tayters
06-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Should be quite easy mate. I think you find the Service menu, enter ther 4 digit passcode (may be written nearby, tucked behind the unit or the manager might have it as it's also used to disable the alarms)
Enter down and change parameters as you require.

Can't quite remember exactly but it's along those lines.
Don't forget to adjust the 'No Defrost Time' accordingly.

This method can be easier than using the display as the parameters have a description next to them, not just a number (I'm a free man!!)

Hope that helps,

Andy.

Chris2005
06-07-2010, 11:37 PM
Hi Andy

Thanks for the reply

I have the four digit code its stuck on the wall beside the data manager as you said.

whats this about no defrost time I am not to familiar with this controller , can I be a pain and ask you to explain :)

Regards

Chris

coolhibby1875
07-07-2010, 11:48 AM
hi Chris,

scroll down to the system number you are working on, then hit the enter button, you will then see a button under the word set, hit this, then enter the 4 digit code when promted, this will take you into the parameters, go to your defrost parameter hit enter then select the new value, then hit enter to move onto the next parameter you want to adjust, most important thing of all though is be sure to hit save changes when your done adjusting parameters.
the no defrost setting is if your controller is set to defrost say every 6 hours, and your no defrost setting is set at 8 hours, if the cabinet goes 8 hours without going on defrost this will generate an alarm, a lot of engineers set this parameter to 25 as there is nothing worse than getting called out at 3 am for a missed defrost alarm, i normally set the no defrost alarm to 12. hope this helps

Chris2005
10-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Hi Coolhibby

I got the rdm unit sorted the other day everything was straight forward.

Just one more question is it possible to lift the blinds on the dairy cabinets without cahnging settings if we get to store before opening hours?

Thanks for your help

Chris

coolhibby1875
10-07-2010, 03:39 PM
hi chris,

bridge across the relay for the lights i am sure this is relay 5

Chris2005
10-07-2010, 11:57 PM
Thanks Coolhibby

I thought maybe they would have had something in the service menu where you could manually operate things like blinds and lights.

But bridgeing the relay will do fine at least it will give us a bit of light on the job :)

Many Thanks

Chris

chillled
11-07-2010, 04:23 PM
best way is set parameter 60 to 3 that puts lights man on, or can be done easily through data manager

Chris2005
13-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Getting through it ok now

Thanks for all your Help

Regards

Chris