PDA

View Full Version : Vauxhall Opel Zafira High Side Service port Query

Nomolos
05-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Hi All

Tried to hook up to an Opel Zafira today and the high side service port is not the standard service port and my connector wont engage, need to source one and would ideally like a pointer in what I am looking for, chaps keen to get this sorted so need to get this asap, is there a Vauxhall only connector?

As this is my first Vauxhall so far I don’t honestly know, any info would be appreciated.

Best Regards

thebigcheese
05-07-2010, 09:08 PM
may be completly wrong but i think i remember it being behind the front grill or there abouts

Brian_UK
05-07-2010, 11:13 PM
What is different about the high side port, I'm intrigued?

Nomolos
06-07-2010, 12:01 AM
may be completly wrong but i think i remember it being behind the front grill or there abouts

it is indeed bottm left ish but my high side Coupler would not go over the port to “clip” on.

The port had a slight nut like look and not the round port I have seen so far, it seemed slightly too large for the coupler to pass over if that makes sense?

Only had a limited exposure so far to a lot of manufacturers and this is my first Vauxhall, so was checking I am not being a numpty! ;)

Nomolos
06-07-2010, 09:03 PM
me being a numpty used an old connector and its on without any problems my new one just will not connect most odd...

thanks for looking:p

Brian_UK
06-07-2010, 10:10 PM
A problem shared is a problem halved; so I'm told. ;)

Nomolos
06-07-2010, 10:46 PM
[quote=Brian_UK;194114]A problem shared is a problem halved; so I'm told. ;)[/quote

Funny I feel the same about the ex wife :p

Tayters
06-07-2010, 11:05 PM
If it's the old shape then it's a standard quick coupler. Not sure about the new shape but pretty sure the same thing goes.

Is it possible to undo the quick coupler bit then screw a normal 1/4" line on?