PDA

View Full Version : Tell your history

nova
04-05-2005, 04:03 PM
Quite quiet (<= eheh..) here lately, so here we go.

Tell your history in transport refrigeration.

I'll start:

At first I was a truck mechanic and soon after I started to learn trans. ref. I worked over 10 years as a trans. ref. mechanic (had my own business for few years) and then I moved to office; few years at Carrier Transicold Finland and now 3 years at TK dealer in Finland.

-nova

Reeferjon
04-05-2005, 04:27 PM
Ok.....I worked in electronics and PCB design then processors.
After that jumped straight into Reefers with an independant for 3 years, moved to Marshall as an engineer for nearly 4 years, then moved into training for last 5 ish.

bernard
05-05-2005, 06:39 PM
How hard would it be to move from supermarket refrigeration into transport refrigeration.

Regards Bernard

Reeferjon
06-05-2005, 08:02 AM
With Tpt Reefers its all about control, electronics/electrics and engines, including drives.

I would say that providing you can diagnose refrigeration faults, are able to diagnose/rebuild compressors and engines, can diagnose configuration/software issues, have a good understanding of electrics/electronics, are able to fabricate and can work within a given time frame then you should have no problems at all.

John.

chemi-cool
06-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Hi Bernard.

Exactly like refrigeration, with special modifications to the working conditions and controls.

Less comfortable though, you will need a ladder, not much room to work.

One big advantage, it can come to you!
Also here, less techs are into this branch, looks like a good chice to me.

Chemi :)

frosty74
06-05-2005, 02:41 PM
i was in the army for 8 years came out wanting to learn a trade went to night school learning ref&ac learnt more on tool than college gone from knowing jack to repair many types of sysyems commercial ref and split & multi split ac still know jack about vrv's

botrous
06-05-2005, 02:47 PM
I started as a student for 4 years finally became a technical teacher of hvac , i've had my diploma and i am teaching now , i had 2 posts of regional service manager in 2 companies , i've done my training at carrier and at beirut int'l airport. while i was studying i installed different types of mini splits and central A/Cs as well as i worked at that time in A/C and refrigeration maintenance.
Now i teach and work in system designing and maintenance.
as well as i am always studying and searching for resources to develop my skills. :D

bernard
06-05-2005, 07:35 PM
Hi I once worked for MTK in the parts dept,the SBII had just come out.What is the average hourly rate in the UK for a transport engineer.

Regards Bernard

Reeferjon
07-05-2005, 08:30 AM
Depends on your skill level

connollys.home
08-05-2005, 03:01 PM
Hi I once worked for MTK in the parts dept,the SBII had just come out.What is the average hourly rate in the UK for a transport engineer.

Regards Bernard
hello Bernard
as Reeferjon has just stated it does depend on your skill level but the rates around here seem to be between £9.50 and £12
(South Yorkshire)
Martin :)

Superheatman
09-05-2005, 08:54 PM
i was in the army for 8 years came out wanting to learn a trade went to night school learning ref&ac learnt more on tool than college gone from knowing jack to repair many types of sysyems commercial ref and split & multi split ac still know jack about vrv's

Hi...I am ex REME..went to army college at 15 years old....then in 1965 did a fridge course at SEME Bordon....it was Methyl chloride...Sulpher dioxide etc and scraping in bearings...things have changed a lot since then......this was all because missiles used thermal blankets lolol....still in the job...still enjoy it....hope you do too...best regards..Superheatman.