PDA

View Full Version : Tell your history

nova
04-05-2005, 04:03 PM
Quite quiet (<= eheh..) here lately, so here we go.

Tell your history in transport refrigeration.

I'll start:

At first I was a truck mechanic and soon after I started to learn trans. ref. I worked over 10 years as a trans. ref. mechanic (had my own business for few years) and then I moved to office; few years at Carrier Transicold Finland and now 3 years at TK dealer in Finland.

-nova

Reeferjon
04-05-2005, 04:27 PM
Ok.....I worked in electronics and PCB design then processors.
After that jumped straight into Reefers with an independant for 3 years, moved to Marshall as an engineer for nearly 4 years, then moved into training for last 5 ish.

bernard
05-05-2005, 06:39 PM
How hard would it be to move from supermarket refrigeration into transport refrigeration.

Regards Bernard

Reeferjon
06-05-2005, 08:02 AM
With Tpt Reefers its all about control, electronics/electrics and engines, including drives.

I would say that providing you can diagnose refrigeration faults, are able to diagnose/rebuild compressors and engines, can diagnose configuration/software issues, have a good understanding of electrics/electronics, are able to fabricate and can work within a given time frame then you should have no problems at all.

John.

chemi-cool
06-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Hi Bernard.

Exactly like refrigeration, with special modifications to the working conditions and controls.

Less comfortable though, you will need a ladder, not much room to work.

One big advantage, it can come to you!
Also here, less techs are into this branch, looks like a good chice to me.

Chemi :)

frosty74
06-05-2005, 02:41 PM
i was in the army for 8 years came out wanting to learn a trade went to night school learning ref&ac learnt more on tool than college gone from knowing jack to repair many types of sysyems commercial ref and split & multi split ac still know jack about vrv's

botrous
06-05-2005, 02:47 PM
I started as a student for 4 years finally became a technical teacher of hvac , i've had my diploma and i am teaching now , i had 2 posts of regional service manager in 2 companies , i've done my training at carrier and at beirut int'l airport. while i was studying i installed different types of mini splits and central A/Cs as well as i worked at that time in A/C and refrigeration maintenance.
Now i teach and work in system designing and maintenance.
as well as i am always studying and searching for resources to develop my skills. :D

bernard
06-05-2005, 07:35 PM
Hi I once worked for MTK in the parts dept,the SBII had just come out.What is the average hourly rate in the UK for a transport engineer.

Regards Bernard

Reeferjon
07-05-2005, 08:30 AM
Depends on your skill level

connollys.home
08-05-2005, 03:01 PM
Hi I once worked for MTK in the parts dept,the SBII had just come out.What is the average hourly rate in the UK for a transport engineer.

Regards Bernard
hello Bernard
as Reeferjon has just stated it does depend on your skill level but the rates around here seem to be between 9.50 and 12
(South Yorkshire)
Martin :)

Superheatman
09-05-2005, 08:54 PM
i was in the army for 8 years came out wanting to learn a trade went to night school learning ref&ac learnt more on tool than college gone from knowing jack to repair many types of sysyems commercial ref and split & multi split ac still know jack about vrv's

Hi...I am ex REME..went to army college at 15 years old....then in 1965 did a fridge course at SEME Bordon....it was Methyl chloride...Sulpher dioxide etc and scraping in bearings...things have changed a lot since then......this was all because missiles used thermal blankets lolol....still in the job...still enjoy it....hope you do too...best regards..Superheatman.