PDA

View Full Version : LED Control Panel "Frozen" on De Longhi PAC C110

peterfoster
02-07-2010, 11:19 PM
I wonder if someone could help, please. I have a 3 year old De Longhi PAC C110 Portable Air-Conditioner which I have probably used on a dozen or so occasions only. Tonight is a very humid night indeed so having plugged the unit into the mains power I knew immediately that I had a problem because instead of seeing the "- -" display indicating that the unit was on standby, I saw the figure "24." I then tried to change the display but it would not respond to pressing of any of the push-button controls. The unit was blowing out coldish air but there was no hot air blowing out of the exhaust area. In short, the machine was stuck in "fan" mode.

I unplugged the unit from the mains power and returned to it after an hour. This time when I plugged it into the mains the "24" was again displayed but this time it was "stuck" in "air-conditioning mode" because the air being blown out was much colder than before and hot air was being blown out of the exhaust! But, as before, the unit would not respond when pressing any button on the control panel. Thanks.

peterfoster
03-07-2010, 11:34 AM
To update, I stumbled across the remote control device for the unit. This controls all the settings on the panel fine but the unit still will not respond to actual pressing of the buttons on its control panel. No matter! In future I shall control the unit with the remote device only and not concern myself with the pushing of buttons on the control panel! Thanks.