PDA

View Full Version : IMI mcu50

devlin maguire
02-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Hi All I have a IMI MCU 50 cellar cooling problem they evap ices on the lower third
Standing pressure is 7 bar
LS 2.5 bar
I can get about 14C in the room if I get the stat just right
cant get a HS reading the nuts are seized
I cannot see where the orifice is on the liquid line but on the evap there appears to be what I first thought was a bodge up to replace the TEV with a bit of tube, but on reading a few posts this might be a orifice assembly
also on start up the contactor cuts in and out a few time the first time it happened I thought the LS LPS was operating but it finally runs after a few times
Devlin

monkey spanners
02-07-2010, 05:09 PM
There might be some schreader connections inside the unit. I wonder if its going out on hp, it would be more likely, as when it starts the suction pressure would be high (so lp trip is unlikely) and the volume of refrigerant pumped is greater due to the high suction pressure making a hp trip more likely. I am just wondering if it has a restricted capiliary/expansion tube and has been overcharged to compensate previously, hence now tripping on start up.

The other thing i'm sure you have checked for is airflow, both the condenser and the evap but particularily the evap as they seem to block up for fun with mold etc in the cellar environment. I have had to remove one to outside and wash out with a hose before because of this, the low airflow causing frosting.
The other thing i'd look at is the distributor, if fitted, i have seen these block up down one leg and so the evap only works on half the coil.

Jon

devlin maguire
02-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Cheers for that I will be back at it tomorrow with some cleaning in mind on both units I thought about an over charge might weigh it out at the same time there is a filter been fitted in the past half way along the line but no sight glass can we post pics here I cant see a way ?
Devlin

monkey spanners
02-07-2010, 06:12 PM
I think you need to have posted more than 15 times to be able to post pictures.
An easy way to check for a blocked drier i learnt from here is to check the temperature of the pipe in and the pipe out, if its lower on the outlet its because the drier if restricted.

Jon

devlin maguire
02-07-2010, 06:49 PM
Nice one Jon I will try it next time
Devlin

devlin maguire
04-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Thanks all cooler working fine now clogged coils and gas shortage
Devlin

the chiller
22-11-2010, 04:38 PM
it sounds short of gas mate

Brian_UK
22-11-2010, 07:21 PM
it sounds short of gas mate
As stated by the original poster four months ago. :D

coolhibby1875
24-11-2010, 10:38 PM
Man you really have it in for this guy brian, thats 2 times you have gave him a complex:)