PDA

View Full Version : Hotpoint FFA90 Fridge Problem

AndyLa
01-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Hi,

I have a Hotpoint FFA90 fridge freezer which has regularly suffered from the fridge not working over the past 6 years so I am used to removing the back panel and de-thawing it. Last week the fridge suddenley warmed up again so I removed tha back panel which wasn't as bad as some of the previous times, thoroughly thawed it and even pulled it out to clear the drain hole into the drip tray on the compressor and cleared the tray itself as there was some water collected in it. However, this made no difference.

After a closer inspection I realised that the baffle at the top of the pipe running up the back of the fridge wasn't working. I removed it and overnight the fridge cooled down to normal - in fact a bit more than normal -2C in fact! For the past few days this is how I have kept it running. I ordered a new baffle from Hotpoint and fitted it but after turning the unit back on again and leaving it for the evening the new baffle doesn't work either suggesting it is the sensor that operates it? Can anyone offer any advice on how to trace the fault from here? - I don't want to replace anything else and find that isn't the cause either!

HotpointCarl
02-07-2010, 12:07 AM
they are foamed in, so u cant change them, but if they do go wrong, the PCB has set values to go from to keep it running, at a guess the PCB is a fault, I would personally wedge the baffle half open and leave it