PDA

View Full Version : hotpoint quadrio thermal fuse??

timb138
01-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Hi all!

I have aquired a 14 month old quadrio which has had problems with the fridge & freezer getting hot. H`point had been out 5 times to fix it but back within a week when it stopped again each time. they replaced the circuit board and the fridge door as a cable had chafed through on hinge.
I have been testing it for three weeks, initially all worked as advertised, the fridge stopped cooling after 1 week so turned the fridge section off. freezer started warming up this week and it finally got above zero today.

i took it apart and the condensor (or is it the evaporator?) inside the freezer was solid with ice I tested the thermal fuse in the freezer and all 4 wires into it are open circuit so I`m confident its blown, what I want to know is if this would be the sole cause of the problems described?

Sorry for the war and piece desription!

Thanks in advance

timb138
01-07-2010, 09:31 PM
sorry peeps, one more thought, the connector plug for the thermal fuse is inside the freezer compartment with an plasting semi sealed shroud around it, it appears to have locating ridges for a seal or self amalg` tape wrapped around the cables but the cable entrance is open so as the frost is building up there is nothing to stop it entering the multiplug and shorting it.
Anyone seen a similar set up?

should I seal the cable entry or would that seal any moisture in as the rest of the shroud is not what you would call waterproof

Thanks