PDA

View Full Version : MCQUAY reciprocating compressor needed.

muju
01-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Working as ac tech for a contracting company , worked on york , trane refcomp, carrier compressors, this is the first time i m assigned a mcquay comp.Previous tech said, comp has mech problem, inspested found shaft worn out, pistons scrached , looks like comp had run on low lubrication.In need of compressor manual for tollerances and torque values.MQC-S 800 & 900 type reciprocating for ref 22 and 407c

GHAZ
01-07-2010, 09:36 PM
hi muju the the mains are 75mm (.010)(.025) and the journels are 70mm , if the crank is worn then you cant get over sized rod shells or main bearings because they are supplied standard the winding housing has to be aligned properly and the air gap checked properly with long feeler guage all the way round between the stator and rotor about 27 to 30 thou , its very tricky ,other wise the you,ll get rotor rub and the heat will melt the main bearing on to the crank and it will be scrap ,any problems with the rebuild give me call and i will help you

brunstar
15-07-2010, 10:54 PM
you should be able to contact them to get the service manual for this information

http://www.mcquay.com/McQuay/Literature/Literature

Spare Parts Man
21-07-2010, 04:22 PM
I have as a pdf of the complete manual - not sure how we can get in contact without giving e-mail addresses or 'phone numbers out - is there a private message section?

muju
23-07-2010, 11:00 AM
I have as a pdf of the complete manual - not sure how we can get in contact without giving e-mail addresses or 'phone numbers out - is there a private message section?
sorry had been out for project, my e mail add is muju_mahableshwar@yahoo.co.in, need any help with york units i'll be helpful. thank u, will be glad for ur help

Spare Parts Man
23-07-2010, 01:25 PM
...just sent it - all the best...

muju
23-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Thankyou for that. God bless u.