PDA

View Full Version : Taking vrv superheat and subcooling temperatures.

weidit
01-07-2010, 09:03 AM
Hi guys
how do you take these Reading on a vrv system?
Many thanks

multisync
01-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Hi guys
how do you take these Reading on a vrv system?
Many thanks

Service Checker

weidit
01-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Service Checker

How do I get one if these?

multisync
01-07-2010, 09:01 PM
How do I get one if these?

D.UK 1200 quid :-)

weidit
02-07-2010, 05:50 AM
I'll get two... Lol

Is there no way then? As a service checker won't work on anything else than Daikin will it? To check correct cooling can you only use liquid/vapour Reading in gauges and air ok/off?
Many thanks

nike123
02-07-2010, 07:44 AM
I'll get two... Lol

Is there no way then? As a service checker won't work on anything else than Daikin will it? To check correct cooling can you only use liquid/vapour Reading in gauges and air ok/off?
Many thanks

To check correct cooling you only need to set system in test mode and measure air flow and its temperature and humidity before and after every coil. Than you could calculate actual capacity and compare that with declared capacity.

TRASH101
02-07-2010, 08:33 AM
You can measure superheat and subcooling on a VRV but it depends on what information you need.

You're unlikely to see steady sub cooling until the VRV is running at its maximum ( TEST mode as Nike says ) and has been running long enough for all the expansion devices to settle. This is the best time to also check individual or total super heat and establishing a reasonable approximation of the charge state.

So you can measure with gauges and temps. but you must be sure that the VRV is in good working order or the above doesn't count for a lot.

Manufacturers service checkers are by far the easiest, quickest and (due to the fact that the sensor readings are updated all the time) generally more accuratley.

weidit
04-07-2010, 10:25 AM
where would you take the readings? could you take it for every evap coil? or just last one?

would you measure liquid line coming out of the condesner on gauges then take temp reading at the unit?

bill1983
04-07-2010, 11:31 AM
with vrv systems having expansion devices on every evap, you would need to check every system. most manufacturers have away of interrogating every system to monitor the superheats and control the expansion devices to make sure every system is running at maximum efficiency. also most manufacturers have a way for the service engineer to see these readings, sometimes this involves buying an expensive piece of diagnostic equipment, sometimes through the remote controller, dip switches etc it depends on the manufacturer.

ahmad32
06-07-2010, 10:38 PM
how to calculate subcooling.

sonic
11-07-2010, 07:30 AM
Hi:
I'm new to the forum. I don't know how to post. could you plaes help?
Sonic

nike123
11-07-2010, 07:32 AM
Hi:
I'm new to the forum. I don't know how to post. could you plaes help?
Sonic
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/faq.php

sonic
19-09-2010, 06:14 AM
Many Thanks 4 help

wozza
20-09-2010, 03:21 PM
On Daikin VRV you can check on the local controller -Controller Sensor/Air On Sensor/Liquid Pipe inlet Sensor/gas pipe Sensor.
You can then measure superheats from there.

As Mulitsync says the best idea is to get a service checker.

Improver
09-10-2010, 11:32 PM
Wozza can you explain how to get those values from the local controller please. In what sequence do i press the buttons ect, I seen an engineer check what the expansion valves were doing via the controller once on a sanyo vrf but he didn't wanna show me how to do it for some reason. cheers

El Padre
10-10-2010, 03:39 PM
Wozza can you explain how to get those values from the local controller please. In what sequence do i press the buttons ect, I seen an engineer check what the expansion valves were doing via the controller once on a sanyo vrf but he didn't wanna show me how to do it for some reason. cheers

Hello Mate,

Press and hold the Test button for 5 seconds and 00 or 10 will appear (depending on if it has a central controller), then press and hold test again to access the 40 menu press temperature up to 41 and on the left hand side you will see the temps, timer up and down to scroll through the sensors, 00=RC Sensor 01=RA Sensor 02 and 03 are the coil sensors, can't remember off hand which one is which.

Just press test once to return to the default screen, If you download any VRV service manual from the Daikin extranet it will also be in there, for future reference you can obtain these values on the Mitsi from the outdoor board.

Got to agree with Multi about the service checker, especially if you are working in buildings with access issues.

Cheers

Improver
10-10-2010, 06:51 PM
muchas gracias el padre

wozza
18-10-2010, 06:54 PM
02 is coil sensor
03 is gas sensor( hot gas in heating,suction in cooling)

Sorry for late reply