PDA

View Full Version : high superheat no cooling any advice??

bongoman75
01-07-2010, 07:03 AM
If any wise owl can shed some light on this. got a 8ft roll in milk not cooling. high superheat 24k. only tubes after distributor frosting. .has a eev valve with danfoss orifice no. 6 . have changed valve and orifice and filter stil high superheat.evap coil only frosts when evap fans switched off.Im thinking it could be logged with oil or distributor blocked any advice.by the way pack pressures are 220hp and 42 lp and on 404a

nike123
01-07-2010, 07:10 AM
You say EEV! Than you say orifice. What is valve make and model #. EEV has electronic driver which control his working.

coolhibby1875
01-07-2010, 03:48 PM
if the controller is a danfoss you need to make sure the coil of the eev says akv only or it wont work!

bongoman75
01-07-2010, 10:00 PM
I figured it out .Yes it is a akv with a number 6 orifice .what a strange set up. a roll in milk with a high superheat and only frosted tubes just after the distributor.46 suction pressure and 220 head reciever full and sight glass clear .Shut down all other cases to get maximum liquid to my trouble some case and still no luck.fitted cardboard to rule out ambient temperature but still no difference .blew out valave with nitrogen still no difference .And then it came to me .i changed the pack drier and my roll in milk shot down to temperature WHAAAT A BEAUUUUTY!!!!!

Thanks for youre help ;)