PDA

View Full Version : humidifier problem

tradybrad
30-06-2010, 09:16 AM
hey guys
got a problem with a humidifier on a crac unit in a data centre.System keeps displaying low current alarm for humidifier.humidifier contactor is coming on when required i have correct voltage also, yet bottle does not pull correct current.Bottle is filling correctly have tried changing bottle,drain solenoid incase water was escaping and have even tried putting a touch of salt in the bottle to bring it to life
any idea guys what my problem is because this unit is doing my head in:rolleyes:
thanks brad

sedgy
30-06-2010, 03:50 PM
hi tradybrad, try some salt in the water, the amps should jump up, then it will dump some water< cos there will be too much conductive elements in the hum bottle , then you got to set either the dump setting , or the amp setting, all the best, sedgy

ozzy bill
01-07-2010, 10:48 AM
hey m8 whats controlling the contactor? might be a parrameter in controller to increase water conductivity threshold?

tradybrad
01-07-2010, 11:41 AM
thanks for the reply guys i looked into this problem further found humidifier water feed had inline filter cartridges that were no good affecting the water quality going to the bottle
i have removed cartridge for now to see how system performs so far so good though no alarms will keep you posted
brad
ozziebill thanks for the heads up about the threshold will definatly check that out also.