PDA

View Full Version : Daikin fault codes

Markie
29-04-2005, 10:23 PM
Hi, can anyone tell me where to find a list of fault codes for Daikin air conditioners? I have worked on them before when I was subbing for a company and they used to get me to ring Spaceair and their tech help guy told me the buttons you needed to press and the fault code numbers to diagnose faults. I have forgotten the buttons you have to press to access the fault code menu and also need a list of the codes. I have tried the Spaceair website and Daikins own website but cant see any technical help pages or downloads. Any help appreciated. :confused:

Brian_UK
29-04-2005, 11:16 PM
Markie, welcome to the forum...

Try these:-

To access the fault codes press the 'test' button to read the code.

Markie
30-04-2005, 08:51 AM
Cheers Brian,
I seem to remember that I had to hold 2 buttons down at once to access the fault code menu then scroll throught the list of letters whilst firing the remote at the unit until you got a double bleep instaed of the usual single, then repeat to get the second part of the code (the number). Maybe thats not the way the new systems work, they dont have a manual for this unit and I just assumed the test button was to force cooling on when ambient too low.
Many thanks for help and list of codes.
cheers
Markie.

rbartlett
30-04-2005, 11:05 AM
http://www.daikinukwest.co.uk/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f__protect__15%2fLiterature.aspx

dnguest
guest100

cheers

richard

frank
30-04-2005, 07:13 PM
The link didn't work for me Richard as I don't have a user name or password. :)

Markie

It sounds like you have a wall mounted unit with infra red controller. Press the MODE and UP/DOWN button simultaneously
until the display shows 2 zero's. the continue to press the UP/DOWN button which will scroll through the first fault code until you get a different response. Note this down. Then press the MODE button to change to the second fault code and press the UP/DOWN button untill you get a different response. Now you have the first and second digit of the fault code which you can compare to the link Brian posted.

rbartlett
30-04-2005, 07:36 PM
[QUOTE=frank]The link didn't work for me Richard as I don't have a user name or password. :)

just for Frank as he must be getting slow in his old age ;) ............

'user name' dnguest
'password' guest100

cheers

richard

bobjob
30-04-2005, 07:38 PM
Hi frank

Link was ok
the username is : dnguest
login : guest100

bob

chemi-cool
30-04-2005, 07:48 PM
Hi Frank.

Looks like someone is having a laugh

dnguest guest100

Chemi :)

frank
30-04-2005, 08:01 PM
just for Frank as he must be getting slow in his old age

Hi Chemi

Just finished a 10 hour day doing a double install - brain not as sharp as it was in 1980 :)

Back on site at 8 tomorrow :(

Markie
01-05-2005, 08:47 PM
The link didn't work for me Richard as I don't have a user name or password. :)

Markie

It sounds like you have a wall mounted unit with infra red controller. Press the MODE and UP/DOWN button simultaneously
until the display shows 2 zero's. the continue to press the UP/DOWN button which will scroll through the first fault code until you get a different response. Note this down. Then press the MODE button to change to the second fault code and press the UP/DOWN button untill you get a different response. Now you have the first and second digit of the fault code which you can compare to the link Brian posted.

Thanks Frank, that definitely rings a bell. I will try that when I get back on site on tuesday and use fault codes Brian posted.
The unit im looking at is actually a concealed ducted 410a multi split (outdoor unit model no: 4MKS75BVMB) with 2 indoor units (FXNQ50BVE & FXNQ40BVE) I used the link with password to look at the Daikin website but couldnt find these units listed in the file tree, oh well I think you have given me the info I need anyway.
Thanks again fellas, keep up the good work.
Markie. :)

Temprite
03-05-2005, 12:38 PM
Hello all.

You can also access the fault codes by pressing and holding timer cancel button for approx 5 secs and then when 00 appears keep pressing until you get long beep.

On the older units you had to use the method Frank explains.

JPORDUDE
19-07-2007, 10:20 AM
I have a fault code E4:Outdoor Activation of Low pressure Switch, what does this mean? have had a guy look at it and he didnt get rid of this fault?

Brian_UK
19-07-2007, 08:07 PM
I have a fault code E4:Outdoor Activation of Low pressure Switch, what does this mean? have had a guy look at it and he didnt get rid of this fault?Please don't multipost the same question.

Either get the guy back again or try someone who knows what they are doing.

brunstar
24-11-2007, 01:44 AM
e mail me at

( e mail address removed by the Moderator. Please use the PM facility)

and i will send you some info, just tell me what system you want to use it on and i can tell you.

Hi, can anyone tell me where to find a list of fault codes for Daikin air conditioners? I have worked on them before when I was subbing for a company and they used to get me to ring Spaceair and their tech help guy told me the buttons you needed to press and the fault code numbers to diagnose faults. I have forgotten the buttons you have to press to access the fault code menu and also need a list of the codes. I have tried the Spaceair website and Daikins own website but cant see any technical help pages or downloads. Any help appreciated. :confused:

Brian_UK
24-11-2007, 01:58 AM
Brunstar, I would suggest that you check the date of the original postings ;)

odgy
02-05-2008, 09:21 PM
try

http/safemanuals.com/

dont know if has what your looking for, but may help.
Regards

sunntimbo
13-01-2009, 02:58 AM
Hi

If you type the following in to google it comes up with some good sites. The first on the list being Abacus Air Conditioning which was realy easy to use.

'air conditioning diagnostic fault codes'