PDA

View Full Version : candy frost free fridge freezer

belfastfemale
27-06-2010, 08:36 PM
hi i have a candy frost free fridge freezer, the fridge is too warm and the freezer was working until i started to try all the temperature buttons, i turned it to 0 then to super, and everything is defrosting, can anyone help, also i dont know the model as i have lost the manual and the number was inside and has now rubbed off

monkey spanners
27-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Is the motor running at the back, and the black grill thing warm?

belfastfemale
27-06-2010, 10:03 PM
it was but i have now turned it off and found that when i removed the food baskets that the vent at the back was covered in frost and ice, i am in the middle of defrosting it, tell me if someone was to keep changing the temperature dial to super would this cause the build up off the frost and ice? also would this cause the fridge not to work? and thanx for your reply

monkey spanners
27-06-2010, 11:31 PM
I don't know! i work on bigger commercial stuff, but the principals are the same.

The things for freezing up are, the door has not quite shut propperly allowing damp air in until it frosts up the air passages, or the defrost heater is faulty, or its a problem with either the controler or temperature probe.

About the only thing you can do is let it defrost for 48hrs with the door open to allow some heat in, turn it on and see if it works ok.

Hopefully some members more familiar with domestic equipment will comment also.

Jon

belfastfemale
27-06-2010, 11:45 PM
i defrosted it and turned it on, it sounded like it was starting up then like it died, but the back is warming up, and there is a sound coming from it, is this normal? does it take a while to start too freeze?