PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Super Inverter works like on/off control

66sixty66six66
25-06-2010, 04:30 AM
Daikin Air conditioner Ducted
Outdoor unit: RZP145DVI
Indoor unit: FDYP145DFVI
Control unit: BRC1C61

In spite of this being an inverter system, it works more like an on/off control system when heating. This results in cold air being blown when set point is reached. I expected it to blow warm air once the rooms had stabilized, but, alas, it doesn't. This is why I bought and paid a lot more for an inverter. Joke!
Therefore I want to program it to turn off the indoor fan when temperature set point is reached.
Does anyone know the input codes to the BRC1C61 control unit to do this - it can be done. Thanks.

Brian_UK
25-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Email sent.

VRVIII
26-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Daikin Air conditioner Ducted
Outdoor unit: RZP145DVI
Indoor unit: FDYP145DFVI
Control unit: BRC1C61

In spite of this being an inverter system, it works more like an on/off control system when heating. This results in cold air being blown when set point is reached. I expected it to blow warm air once the rooms had stabilized, but, alas, it doesn't. This is why I bought and paid a lot more for an inverter. Joke!
Therefore I want to program it to turn off the indoor fan when temperature set point is reached.
Does anyone know the input codes to the BRC1C61 control unit to do this - it can be done. Thanks.

Hi,

Continual on/off could be due to;

Unit capacity over sized for the application.
Return air sensor being influenced by fresh air/discharge air.
Poor set up/commissioning.

Also the indoor unit fan should enter low low fan speed when thermo off in heating mode.

66sixty66six66
11-07-2010, 02:46 AM
Hi,

Continual on/off could be due to;

Unit capacity over sized for the application.
Return air sensor being influenced by fresh air/discharge air.
Poor set up/commissioning.

Also the indoor unit fan should enter low low fan speed when thermo off in heating mode.
Thank you VRVIII for your comments. I think all three suggestions could be a factor. We normally run it on Low fan speed. It would be nice if the indoor fan speed would reduce even further as the room stabilizes. Regards, Gavin

Crash Pilot
11-07-2010, 03:53 AM
May be a capacity issue (Oversized).
Better if sized ok to run on high fan.
You will not get the rated capacity out of the machine on low fan. Low fan you will not acheive the rated airflows.
The unit is trying to maintain target indoor coil temp. Put in on low and the coil temp will increase causing the outdoor unit to ramp down. This will cause the outdoor to ice faster and create more defrosts. You can cycle fan however this will do both for Heat and cool. Also you have the 6 min air sampling which may be a problem for you.
Heat statification may be an issue also.

A remote sensor may help you out but you need to know the cause of your problems. Remote sensor will help with defrost if you are initiating defrost due to deminished capacity (return air not rising in help) but doesnt look like to problem you are facing.

Sound more like a setup or install issue rather then a unit problem.

Keep in mind if unit is zoned this can also effect temp control based on how zones are set up.

When unit cycles off on heat unit goes to LL fan. This is usally o.k for 90% of installs hower grille selection and house design can cause this to be a problem.

Hope the code sort out your issue