PDA

View Full Version : Haier

its1
21-06-2010, 11:20 PM
Hello: I am having problems with my high wall domestic Haier heat pump. When I turn on the unit first thing in the morining the vent opens up but no heat comes out and the power LED blinks. After a couple of hours when the outside and inside temperature has increased the unit will operate perfectly.

Output temp when running normally is 50 deg celcius
Outside Temp in the mornings is approx 0-2 deg celcius

I have no manuals or paper work for this unit.

Does any one have experience with type of problem and where should I start for troubleshooting.Thermisistor? Reversing valve?

chilliwilly
22-06-2010, 08:10 AM
Hello: I am having problems with my high wall domestic Haier heat pump. When I turn on the unit first thing in the morining the vent opens up but no heat comes out and the power LED blinks. After a couple of hours when the outside and inside temperature has increased the unit will operate perfectly.

Output temp when running normally is 50 deg celcius
Outside Temp in the mornings is approx 0-2 deg celcius

I have no manuals or paper work for this unit.

Does any one have experience with type of problem and where should I start for troubleshooting.Thermisistor? Reversing valve?

50 deg C? thats some outdoor temp. Is the unit charged with R22 or a 400 series?

its1
22-06-2010, 09:52 PM
50 degrees celcius (122 F) coming off the evaporator coils, to me this would indicate a good charge but unfortunately at the moment I can not connect my guages to confirm. The unit is running on R22.
I have just checked the indoor theremostat and it appears to be ok, so it could be the electronics,
any ideas?