PDA

View Full Version : City Multi Faults

Collie
20-06-2010, 03:23 PM
Hi there lads, have few City Multi nightmares that I hope you can help with.
I have a City Multi PURY-P550YGM-A controlling 5 indoor fan coils PLFY-P63VAM-E.
I was called to site to deal with a water leak from one of the indoor coils. Got to site and found the controller PAR-21 MAA-J displaying fault "65 33" which is some kind of coms fault I think??
I cleared it and ran the unit, tested the drain pump all checked out ok? Noticed some water in and around the terminals for the controller and network cables so guessed that may have been the cause of the fault. Then as I was looking at the controller it began to switch on and off quickly and repeatedly for no reason. I was still measurind 12 volts DC at the controller constantly even as it was switching on and off??
Then the indoor unit witht he water leak just began to move the louvers open and closed while the others ran away fine? Any thoughts on this? Im thinking faulty indoor board because i swapped controller with another one that works fine and the same thing was happening.

Next problem, on the same site, they have a couple of mister slim units, PUHZ-RP100VHA2 alongside more of the city multis as above. A few months back the controllers in the building were all changed from PAR 27's to PAR 21's. Since this change was done, there have been complaints of certain groups of units turning off for no reason despite the time schedule telling them to be on. I was told that they must be geting an "off" signal from another, higher ranked controller. I have a feeling that somehow the mr. slim units have had their controls mixed in with the city multis which i know you cannot do, but could this have happened and not display a fault?? I also found that when i isolated the coindensers for the mr. slim units, it killed power to some of the controllers for the city multis??? this is very worrying, obviously they are linked somehow but the shouldnt be is that correct?? any help much appreciated guys, thanks in advance.

Thermatech
20-06-2010, 04:57 PM
The 6833 fault is for PAR21 communication problem.
PAR21 remote controller is 12v dc & has to be wired to all the units which its is to control with daisy chain to remote control terminals at the indoor units.
You could try swap indoor boards to see if the problem goes with the indoor board.
Otherwise double check all the remote control daisy chain wiring is connected ok at all the indoor units in the group.
I would make sure the Mr Slim units have seperate remote controllers to make sure the controllers for the CM & Mr Slims are seperate.
To be sure of this I think you will have to make visual inspection of the remote controller wiring & connections at the indoor units.

Collie
22-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Cheers mate, returning to site tomorrow, hopefully get some results.