PDA

View Full Version : Capillary Tube Program

Chef
20-06-2010, 10:39 AM
Back in 2008 I started a thread about writing a cap tube program for all RE members to use. The original post was :-

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14505

It has been a while in the formulation as it appears to be a more difficult problem than first envisaged.

However the program is now finished and has a sort of user interface bolted onto to the front of it.
The only thing left to do is compile a version people can use. Anyone who can offer help with this is welcome to contact me.

Oh and maybe some form of a user help guide as it would help with some of the advanced features.

Anyway before distributing this widely it would seem more professional to get it tested by some of the more senior members of RE.

If you are willing to test it and hopefully compare it to real live data it would be very helpful, not for me, but for the future possible users confidence.

You could run comparisons against published data as well!

As for the simulation program - although completed and working it still needs a lot of 'tidying' to make it usable.
There is the rub as I will not have time to finish it as it may need a year more. Shame. Any takers.

So as time is short before we have to leave - please let me know who is interested and help figure out what is needed to be added prior to compiling it.

Thanks

Chef

Peter_1
21-06-2010, 06:29 AM
Well, Chef I'm honored if I can test it for you, you know this.

desA
21-06-2010, 06:46 AM
Hi Chef,

Count me in as well.

I leave for SA in mid July, but could do some useful work before that & after my arrival. I have a fair bit of useful heat-pump experimental data that can be used, for reference purposes.

You probably have my e-mail address on file - if not, we can update per pm.

An incredibly generous offer to the RE community. Where are you off to?

Chef
21-06-2010, 07:31 AM
Well, Chef I'm honored if I can test it for you, you know this.

Thanks Peter, should be a simple case of seeing if it works and recommending any additions.

I will let you know soon where the distributable can be downloaded.

I am sure you have a few examples you can use as comparisons and R290 was added for you.

Chef

Chef
21-06-2010, 07:39 AM
Hi Chef,

Count me in as well.

You probably have my e-mail address on file - if not, we can update per pm.

An incredibly generous offer to the RE community. Where are you off to?

When we get 4 or 5 senior posters I will send you the test code. You will have some details I am sure to compare with.

Cant keep it on file forever so may as well give it out.

Going to some islands that do not have Internet so may be off line for a while - if all goes well for a long while!

Thanks for your support

Chef

nike123
28-06-2010, 05:01 AM
Did you sorted your EES problem? Let me now if I can help in any way. I would also like to test your software.

lana
28-06-2010, 05:09 AM
Hi Chef,

In what language did you write the programme?

I am very interested in testing it.

Great job by the way, I know how difficult this is.

Cheers

Chef
28-06-2010, 05:41 AM
Did you sorted your EES problem? Let me now if I can help in any way. I would also like to test your software.

Not yet. I will add you to list of testers and hope to get it to you soon when the issue is resolved.

Thanks for your help.

Chef

Chef
28-06-2010, 05:44 AM
Hi Chef,

In what language did you write the programme?

I am very interested in testing it.

Great job by the way, I know how difficult this is.

Cheers

Hi Lana - thanks for joining in and you will be the last tester on the list. It will be a pretty simple test just to see if it works OK and then after any additions it will be freely distributed to any of the members.

Chef

desA
28-06-2010, 05:45 AM
I've had no reply from my colleague with EES. I wrote to him a few days back.

Is there a way to use a demo version?

nike123
05-02-2011, 02:51 PM
@Chef

Could you test this Tecumseh EES (http://www.mediafire.com/?zjmnmolqnzi#2) version of capillary tube calculation software against your version and tell us if it is good or not.

Chef
06-02-2011, 12:14 AM
@Chef

Could you test this Tecumseh EES (http://www.mediafire.com/?zjmnmolqnzi#2) version of capillary tube calculation software against your version and tell us if it is good or not.

Hi Nike
You were lucky with your post as after 5 months we pulled into a small island that has WiFi beaming down the beach. Wonderful.

I have tested a few scenarios and it looks good but you have to keep in mind it uses only subcooling as a tube entry parameter.

There are 3 modes in which a tube can work:-
1 Probably the design point which is usually with SC=1 and the Tc and Te set to design
In this it looks good.
2 With a high SC where Te is above design and it looks reasonable
3 With a low Te (ie lower than design) where to get system balance the tube must have gas entrained in it and so it has a quality of .1 or .2 entering the tube.
It does not address this at all and it is the most needed part to see how the system functions when you wind down the thermostat.

I think it is good and a much better program than Dancap which is wildly of the mark.

Chef

nike123
11-02-2011, 07:11 AM
I think it is good and a much better program than Dancap which is wildly of the mark.

Chef

Ok, thanks for your insight.

ractaan
12-02-2011, 06:33 AM
Dear Chef,
When can we have this other people too like me

Chef
14-02-2011, 03:58 AM
Dear Chef,
When can we have this other people too like me

You can have this and all the other software I have written when I can get a Professional version to compile the software and distribute it.

I tried to have it included in Coolpack and they were very pleased with that idea but as the funding has stopped for the Coolpack project it wont be added there any time soon either.

All the software was offered to some major refrigeration companies for free but they politely never responded, maybe the fact that it is free makes it worthless?

So ractaan I think you may have to wait a while yet.

Chef

desA
14-02-2011, 09:21 AM
Sawasdee Khun Chef na krub,

A thought would be for you to purchase EES Professional, then sell your software. Alternatively distribute it under an open software initiative.

desA