PDA

View Full Version : Converting A Daikin Split From R22 To R417a

Tayters
20-06-2010, 12:20 AM
When recharging with R417a I see the initial charge as recommended by Dupont is 85% of the intial charge then add as required up to the full R22 charge.

My question is when checking the S/C and S/H what figures would I expect? I intend to check right before the the Expansion valve in the OU and get a figure of 1-2K (probably H.P. around 200psig) and superheat at the indoor cassette of 6-8K (suction of about 60psig to give a bubble point of 0*C and dew point of about 6*C).
H.P. measured from discharge schrader inside case, L.P. at service port, liquid port not used for these measurements. The figures I've taken off a mollier chart.

I've messed around with refrigeration equipment checking these figures but never on an A/C unit so wondered if that is how you would do it and expect those figures?

The original charge was lost due to leakage so I wont be able to use these figures as a baseline as suggested by DuPont on this reftrofit guide http://www.agas.com/product/files.php?filename=100122034207_4502.pdf

Cheers,

Andy.