PDA

View Full Version : Thermo king MD-II HFC 134a problem

vykce
19-06-2010, 08:17 AM
Hello, i'm complete newby i have a problem with a Thermo king MD-II HFC 134a (it.s writen on a side) the problem is that on a circular mode when temperature reaches set point engine doesn't stop it just lowers RPM what to do? i want that it completely stop and whet temperature it to hi it would turn on again. sorry for my poor english ;) i'll wait for your answers thank you sorry if i'm off topic. i have atachet some files that it would be easyer to find out about what i'm talking about :)

vehikool
19-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Its been a while but if my memory serves me well press select button (the one with arrows) untill cycle sentry (CS) apears in window, select up or down till yes in window then press enter (the two dashes), it should now get down to temp the cycle for a few minuites the stop and restart when the temp requires it

vykce
20-06-2010, 12:35 PM
thank you. i'll try it tomorow then i'll write if it works ;)

vykce
21-06-2010, 01:08 PM
No that doesn't work i tryed to hold select button for a few seconds but nothing happens. maby thir thermoregulator is to old or something? if someone knows solution then thank you for your help :)

BRM
22-06-2010, 12:23 AM
I guess it is possible that the unit is not equipped with cycle sentry.
Try once more , turn the unit off then turn it on , press the select button (the circle) until there is a screen that says cycles then press the equals button which should change the word under it from off to on then keep pressing the select button until it returns to the start screen or just turn it off. If the cycles screen does not appear at all or if it cant be changed then theres a fair chance its not equipped with cycle sentry
brm

DaButcher
22-06-2010, 01:41 AM
The controller pictured is a TGV in cab controller. Not nearly as advanced as the uPT that followed in later models. If your unit has Cycle/Sentry option there will be a switch on the control panel of the unit for Cycle/Sentry or continuous run. Lift the protective cover of the control panel and get us a picture.

vykce
22-06-2010, 12:22 PM
oky doky :D i will do that ass soon as i can :)

vykce
22-06-2010, 07:36 PM
here i made fotos of that control panel thank you for your help :)

djbe
22-06-2010, 10:31 PM
dabutcher is correct, looking at those pictures the unit does not have cycle sentry.

Your unit is working correctly.

mini2mara
23-06-2010, 11:31 AM
try to find an relay a little biger than one ordinary witch is for alternator regulator and remove it.Do this only you are sure that charge battery it is ok

ZoO
23-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Their won't be a battery sentry if the unit is not equipt with cycle sentry.

If the unit had cycle sentry their would be a switch in the upper right hand corner. (Post#8) Most if not all MDII 134a HFC's did not have C/S from the factory.

DaButcher
25-06-2010, 12:23 AM
here i made fotos of that control panel thank you for your help :)

No Cylce/Sentry on that unit. It was optional for many years.

abbsnowman
26-06-2010, 06:34 AM
As always, Dabutch is correct. This unit is not able to shut off at setpoint.
Cheers Dabutch! Good to see ya here. Hope all is well!

vykce
27-06-2010, 08:11 PM
thank for your help ;) maby someone knows how to make C/S by my self if its not very hard

frozenatsea
28-06-2010, 06:08 AM
Can you talking about you problem on russian?:D