PDA

View Full Version : mid life change

bradielfc
18-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Hi all,,
im 36 and fed up with my life in the UK, so im attempting to re train and work within the Air con / fridge field, and maybe in few years take my family abroad to live. Im a total novice but not clue-less, iv been on tin-ternet and researched some training courses 8/10/15 day courses that claim you will learn sufficient stuff ( ie F gas , city guilds 2079, service and maintenence ) to enable you to hopefully start at a job ( at the bottom of course )within the air/fridge trade !!

before you all start ripping me to pieces about 4 year apprenticships , i dont think i have time to do that i want a better life for my kids to grow up in . .

so if any of u out there have any good advice of which direction to take and know anybody who has took a short course ? or even just let me know are they actually worth forking money out on, pls let me know !!

thx . kev.

monkey spanners
18-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Hi Kev,

What is your current job? Any expeirience working with electics,electronics? Or pipework/mechanical engineering.

Most of the people i know who have changed careers to fridge or ac have been sparkies and car mechanics.

How much do you know about refrigeration/ aircon?

What makes you think its the route to happiness, i know pleanty of misserable fridgies :p

I must admit i'm considering moving abroad too...

Jon :)