PDA

View Full Version : stuart

stuart hills
17-06-2010, 08:20 AM
i am installing a new lennox condenser coupled to a ves air handling unit condenser arrived with nitrogen test charge
have worked out r407c charge but am told unit is dry and i will have to add polyester oil
i know the quantity i need to add but not how to do it never had to do this before any advice would be welcome

sedgy
17-06-2010, 11:47 AM
hi stuart , yes the system is DRY , there is no moisture in it it has to be,
there will be oil in the compressor but the extra piping may need extra oil, cos when the unit is running the oil ang gas mix and travel throughout the piping, but if you are not quolified
you need to get a quolified tec in to do the gassing up,

stuart hills
17-06-2010, 09:29 PM
sedgy

have all necessary qualifications ror gassing this is no problem just have never needed to add oil before normally work on new daikin splits or vrvs i know how much oil to add just never had to put oil in

monkey spanners
17-06-2010, 09:57 PM
If its the compressor that has no oil, there should be an oil adding port on the compressor, you can either pump it in with a hand pump or use vacuum to suck it in.

If its extra oil due to the pipe run, i'd just pump it into the pipe work slowly as its running (don't want to slug the comp) and let it find its way back to the comp.
You'll need to decide the best method having seen the equipment.

Jon