PDA

View Full Version : Can 2 ton evaporator be used with 3 ton

mianrizwan
17-06-2010, 06:36 AM
Can a 2 ton evaporator be used with a 3 ton condensing unit?
if we use what should be the effect?

icecube51
17-06-2010, 05:25 PM
mucho problemo mi friend.

you have to regulate the fans for the evap, regulate the presure on the condensor, and so on....and on....and o....and..

Ice

Aik
18-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Can a 2 ton evaporator be used with a 3 ton condensing unit?
if we use what should be the effect?

At what evaporation temperature do you select your equipment?
If evaporator capacity less than condensing unit than evaporating temperature will decrease until capacities of evaporator and condensing unit will not be equal.
When evaporating temperature is decrease at 1 C capacity of unit is dacrease near 3 - 5 %, capasity of evaporator increase at (Tair - Tev+1)/(Tair - Tev).
Tair - air temperature of cold store
Tev - initial evaporating temperature.

David40
27-06-2010, 05:27 PM
I had an experience where a customer demanded that I install a 5 ton condenser on a 3 Ton A/C system. I advised against it but would do it as long as he assumed full responsibility. So I put it in. What happened was that I had to over charge the system in order to keep the suction side above freezing. I imagine it's still working to this day but I'd hate to see the guys electric bill.

tonyelian
29-06-2010, 08:17 PM
hi
if u dont care about humidity it will be fine.cause u have a 10 degree dt that mean low evaporating temp.u need to select ur expansion according to evaporator capacity .
hope that will help

Sandro Baptista
29-06-2010, 10:21 PM
At what evaporation temperature do you select your equipment?
If evaporator capacity less than condensing unit than evaporating temperature will decrease until capacities of evaporator and condensing unit will not be equal.
When evaporating temperature is decrease at 1 C capacity of unit is dacrease near 3 - 5 %, capasity of evaporator increase at (Tair - Tev+1)/(Tair - Tev).
Tair - air temperature of cold store
Tev - initial evaporating temperature.

I plenty agree with Aik...IT'S JUST LIKE he says. The equilibrium will be reached. The suction pressure will decrease and so the evaporating temperature. The aircooler will give more capacity that will be the same of the condensing unit at a certain suction pressure/discharge pressure. The air temperature will be lower and so faster the heat exchange will done so the freezing will be faster.
More or less if you saturated temperature on suction at the compressor was -40ºC (Tair = -34ºC for example), for instead, now maybe it will be -45ºC (Tair = -37ºC).