PDA

View Full Version : Imeco evaporator

NH3ISFORME
17-06-2010, 03:14 AM
It's me again looking for help here. I have a plant with Imeco evaps on a dock. Recently one of them was spraying water from all three fans. I went up in a lift and looked through the fans, off of course, and saw a decent amount of debris in the pan under the coil. When I went over to the drain pan bottom where the trap is pipped, with the fans off condensate ran down nicely to the drain. This probably due to the fact that when the fans were off I eliminated the negative pressure from the fans the water flowed freely. Without a thought I decided to bend up the sheet metal that seperates the main drain pan from the last section where the trap is. Put the unit back into operation and NOW IT SHOOTS MORE WATER FROM THE FANS all over the floor! I'm pretty sure i screwed up here and need to go back fix my metal bending magic trick, and clean the pan well. Tell me what you guys think. Thanks.

NH3LVR
17-06-2010, 12:50 PM
If you mean the piece of sheet metal that covers the drain opening, it needs to be there. Without it the water comes back out of the drain and goes back up to the fans.

NH3ISFORME
17-06-2010, 11:21 PM
yep. thats the one. thanks for the answer.