PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to Daikin

Kirky
15-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Hi all hope you are all well.

As im sure you are all aware times are changing and nobody has any money. Have always used Daikin and Mitsubishi for installs in the past but my customers are now counting every penny and I need a cheaper manufacturer. Any recommendations. Was thinking Panasonic?.

eggs
15-06-2010, 11:07 PM
I have been supplying Panasonic quite a bit lately, so far everything is A-OK.
No surprises, just good quality kit.......at a good price.

Only complaint is that the 24,000btu condensing units are a bit heavy. (I can't carry them up a ladder on my own):eek:

Give CDL in Warrington a buzz, they will fix you up.

Eggs

Kirky
16-06-2010, 07:17 AM
Cheers Eggs

sachin230
16-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Blue star is cheaper than any.
After sales service part (AMC/repairing) its cost effective than Daikin & Mistubishi

Sridhar1312
16-06-2010, 09:46 AM
It is always better to go for the best in the market even if it cost higher as in the long run it will work out cheaper.
DAIKIN MITSUBISHI are cannot be compared to Blue Star, as DAIKIN and Mitsubishi are original manufacturers and long service in the field. Blue star is no match for the quality of Daikin.

Kirky
16-06-2010, 09:40 PM
I've never heard of blue star is it a manufacturer in the uk . I think I'm going to stick with panasonic. Does anyone know how readily available spare parts are. I know with Daikin I can get next day deliver if need be but usually look at a 3 day delivery if not urgent. Is panasonic the same or could I be waiting weeks.

flamer_the_spar
16-06-2010, 09:57 PM
I like installing Hitachi equipment. Build quality is good and they work really well. I was amazed at the value for money they can offer. Some units now carry 5 Yr warranty.

Imp
06-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Always consider Hitachi. Not always the best on three pipe for cost but for small two pipe systems you need to look at their IVX. More efficient, smaller condensers and much, much cheaper. You should save about 30% and increase efficiency in most cases.

Fri3Oil System
06-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Do you really use AC in the UK? :)

Im just jealous... when you leave home at 7:00am, and it's already 30ºC, it's just hard... even more if you're a red haired guy living in the very South of Spain... I should have been born in Scotland :D

Regards,

Nando

weidit
10-07-2010, 08:54 PM
I have been supplying Panasonic quite a bit lately, so far everything is A-OK.
No surprises, just good quality kit.......at a good price.

Only complaint is that the 24,000btu condensing units are a bit heavy. (I can't carry them up a ladder on my own):eek:

Give CDL in Warrington a buzz, they will fix you up.

Eggs

Every panasonic ac split I have come across that's over 2 years old has been a Daikin in panasonic shell. Even
controllers and fault codes have been the same.

Used to do a lot of sanyo units these are cheap and easy to maintain.

RON LLOYD
13-07-2010, 09:51 AM
We find Samsung is OK and much less than Daiken

barrymac82
13-07-2010, 09:58 AM
How about using Toshiba?

At the end of the day if your customers want to save money then you just buy whatever name brand is within their price range. If it isn't as reliable as daikin and mitsi's then they should be made more aware of this. Buying less quality is a risk your customer will be taking, not you. If it breaks down? You can fix it. At an appropriate cost. Its at no loss to you Kirky.

;)

Imp
22-07-2010, 07:48 PM
Tosh is a copy cat brand. It's good kit but it doesnt have anything unique about it. My advice is to put the right kit in for the application at hand. No point quoting a Mitsi or Daikin for every job and complaining because somebody else won the job with other equipment. Example - Mitsi 10kW Wall is exceptional price, Hitachi 2.5kW wall best price and best spec, Fujitsu J-Series and Hitachi IVX for Mini VRF etc etc etc. The most successful contractors in these tough times are those that consider all the options instead of just sticking to one brand. For VRF you can buy any brand you want at the price you want. If it is a big enough job manufacturers will fall over themselves to win it.