PDA

View Full Version : car air conditioning

Jase
14-06-2010, 10:56 PM
Hello gents,

I was recently asked to have a look at the air con in a Peugeot 307. Looked under the bonnet and instantly located the high pressure connection. Looked around for the low pressure connection but unable to find.
Anyone came across one of these Pugs before?
I'd appreciate any info.

Regards,
Jase

tbirdtbird
14-06-2010, 11:12 PM
it has to be there...trace the piping to and from the compressor or to and from the firewall...

Gingerair
15-06-2010, 12:13 AM
Some cars have a port behind the inside wheel arch cover, if the pipework on ya pug disappears in this area it'll probably be worth a look..

Jase
15-06-2010, 12:21 AM
Some cars have a port behind the inside wheel arch cover, if the pipework on ya pug disappears in this area it'll probably be worth a look..

The Ford Mondeo would be a typical example of the suction port hidden inside the wheel arch.
As for the pug then I think it needs to be on a ramp and inspected from underside.

Jase

Gingerair
15-06-2010, 12:37 AM
It's at that point when i'm on my back trying to squeeze in between the road & front bumper that i ask myself, why did i ever say i'd 'have a look for them'......:confused:

vehikool
19-06-2010, 01:41 PM
if it a newish car the service ports are high side located drivers side of engine bay by screen waher/rad fill bottle, the low side is under the front scuttle, look for a small diameter flexible hose in engine bay in the centre of the two heater air intakes you should see the plastic clip that should retain the hose, ( the hose has proberly fallen out of the clip) send me your email and I will do a drawng of its location if you cannot follow my instructions

jakabus
17-07-2010, 12:53 AM
you know i had to check a refrigerated trailer with no low side. I asked if I could 'T' one in but my superior didnt let me. it was a capillary system

djbe
17-07-2010, 06:56 PM
you know i had to check a refrigerated trailer with no low side. I asked if I could 'T' one in but my superior didnt let me. it was a capillary system

What kind of refrigeration unit was this?

jakabus
16-02-2011, 07:20 PM
404a small cold room... my boss made it? figures >.>

gash
18-02-2011, 09:26 PM
isnt the ford galaxy equally awkward need to remove the indicator/headlamp to see the port

charlie patt
18-02-2011, 09:30 PM
mk 1 galaxy under ns indicator mk 2 under bonnet and mk 3 a longer hp connector required like the mercs its a good job the galaxys ac units are poorly made