PDA

View Full Version : HOTPOINT ffs70S High Temp Light

Zinzan
14-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Hi,

I'm having problems with my fridge/freezer, specifically the freezer compartment which regularly starts to defrost after a build up of ice behind the back panel. After consulting other forums I remove/defrost the ice and the unit then works for 2-3 weeks before icing up again. I am assuming that the heating element is not kicking in to keep the freezer frost free? Any ideas on what to test/change is appreciated.

Cheers

HotpointCarl
16-06-2010, 03:11 PM
there is many a cause, is it icing from top to bottom, or bottom to top??the defrost heaters are pretty reliable, ive not replaced one yet for being faulty. Is is frosty ice, or solid ice??

Zinzan
16-06-2010, 05:53 PM
there is many a cause, is it icing from top to bottom, or bottom to top??the defrost heaters are pretty reliable, ive not replaced one yet for being faulty. Is is frosty ice, or solid ice??
Hi, not sure whether top to bottom or vice versa. It's solid ice not white frosty type. I reckon the heating element is probably ok. It may just not be kicking in which is why i thought it may be a sensor, thermistor?? or thermal switch? Forgive me I'm not an engineer, I sit at a desk all day.
Cheers

HotpointCarl
17-06-2010, 07:59 PM
the defrost is timed, u can try moving the heater down more so its over the area it ices up in, do u hear it cracking and odd noises still?