PDA

View Full Version : Heating requirements calculator online?

back2space
14-06-2010, 08:24 PM
HI there

DOes anyone know of heating requirments calculator on line if using air con as heating method.

Found ones to calculate radiator size but are these taking into account the flow temp of a radiator?

Thank you

Gingerair
14-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Wrong reply to post....:confused:

back2space
14-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Wrong reply to post....:confused:

How come it was wrong reply?

Gingerair
14-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Hi B2S

It was a cooling only program..

You got an i-Phone or i-Touch ??

Ginge

back2space
14-06-2010, 10:48 PM
I have yes, but will this calculate cooling or heating?

Brian_UK
14-06-2010, 11:23 PM
B2S, there are a few here, USA based.

http://www.geokiss.com/hsoftware.htm

Gingerair
15-06-2010, 12:05 AM
B2S, to be honest i'm not a design engineer so don't want to give you any duff info, but....think under normal UK ambients, you calculate heat loss instead of heat gain..

Depends how deep you want to go into the calculation, including the thermal conductivity of the materials used in the fabric of the building etc.

If you want to do a quick calc for cooling on an i-thingy download the Cool Cal app..
You can input -ve values for wattage of equipment & lighting so maybe it'll give you a rough value for heating..

Just thinking, if there's a cooling calc app there's probably a heating calc app, never looked though..

Myson who make all kinds of domestic heating products will supply you with free software for calculating heat loss. If you want a one off, they may even do a calc for you. Their no. is 0845 402 3434, think they're up near you in Gateshead..

Maybe talkin tosh, but hope this helps..

Let us know how they compare if you use a couple of different methods...

back2space
15-06-2010, 12:16 AM
B2S, to be honest i'm not a design engineer so don't want to give you any duff info, but....think under normal UK ambients, you calculate heat loss instead of heat gain..

Depends how deep you want to go into the calculation, including the thermal conductivity of the materials used in the fabric of the building etc.

If you want to do a quick calc for cooling on an i-thingy download the Cool Cal app..
You can input -ve values for wattage of equipment & lighting so maybe it'll give you a rough value for heating..

Just thinking, if there's a cooling calc app there's probably a heating calc app, never looked though..

Myson who make all kinds of domestic heating products will supply you with free software for calculating heat loss. If you want a one off, they may even do a calc for you. Their no. is 0845 402 3434, think they're up near you in Gateshead..

Maybe talkin tosh, but hope this helps..

Let us know how they compare if you use a couple of different methods...

Yeh I understand what your saying, you can calculate radiator size there was a calculator I sued at this address: http://www.radcalcs.com/

But not sure if its factoring in the flow temp of radiators?

Gingerair
15-06-2010, 12:23 AM
Depends how much detail you want to go into regarding the calculation, the duty quoted for anything will be dependant on certain conditions, flow rates, dry & wet bulb temps etc. The conditions for the duty quoted should be listed in any technical spec..