PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba wired remote (optional accessory)

r0ss
14-06-2010, 07:57 PM
I forgot to write down the model number of the indoor unit but hopefully it wont matter. :(

We have installed a Toshiba multi-split system with 2 indoor ducted units off one outdoor and either tomorrow or Weds ill be firing her up. However i have never used Toshiba before (Mitsi/Daikin primarily)

The client doesnt want to use the supplied infrared remote controls so we're going to be using a wired remote control kit supplied. I have a few questions hopefully someone can help me with who is experienced in Toshiba equipment.

1-The instructions of the wired remote kit is telling me to cut the resistance of two resistors. Am i to just completely cut them out as stated?

2-Will i need to remove the existing infrared dipswitch panel currently connected to the indoor pcb? or do i leave it connected (doesnt say in the install document either way)

3-With 2 indoors to 1 remote, do i need to set any address settings either on the indoor pcb or remote controller dip switches?

Sorry if these questions sound completely stupid but im very green to this Toshiba equipment.

Thanks for any help,

Ross

Brian_UK
14-06-2010, 11:44 PM
Is this the sort of kit you have ...

http://www.toshiba-aircon.co.uk/technical/Light%20Commercial/DIGITAL%20INVERTER/Installation/Digital%20Inverter%20Twin%20Kit%20Installation%20Manual.pdf

r0ss
15-06-2010, 05:00 PM
Hi Brian

Its not that system mate. It doesnt use refnets on this one, rather 3 seperate circuits from the one condenser. (each with its own suction line/liquid line/wiring ports)

I cant for the life of me remember the exact model name :(

edit: Using your link i managed to find it. Its http://www.toshiba-aircon.co.uk/technical/Residential/Multi%20Split/Installation/RAS-M10%2613%2616YD%28C%29V-E.pdf

Still cant find anything regarding the optional accessory hard wired remote. Ive never heard of having to cut out resistors in order to go from wireless to wired control. What if the client ever wanted to go back to infrared? :\

Another colleague was sent down to site today and installed the remote kits by going by the install instructions of plugging in a couple of pin plugs and 'cutting the resistance' of two resisters. However no power supply for our condenser so couldnt fire her up :/

Brian_UK
15-06-2010, 11:16 PM
If you cut one leg of a resistor you can normally solder it together again if needed.

r0ss
22-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Just incase anyone has any doubts in the future when using this hard-wired kit. Obviously if you follow the instructions you cant go wrong :)

All fired up fine today.

Its been playing on my mind recently because of cutting out the 2 resistors on both indoor units boards. Doing so must simply bypass the factory set infrared components in order for the hard wired accessory to work. (didnt need to unplug the infrared cables or anything)

Happy days :)

Tayters
22-06-2010, 10:44 PM
I worked on a Mitsi Electric unit (on R22 so fairly old)in a server room and called them to see how to set it up for auto restart after power failure. The answer was to cut out a jumper resistor on the indoor board. I had to call him back to double check it was a resistor I had to cut, not unplug a jumper connection as first advised.

Glad it worked as it would have been a Be-atch to solder that one back.