PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu AST18LSBCW error codes

gllitznz
11-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Hello there!
We have a Fujitsu AST18LSBCW (indoor unit model no.) and recently, as it has been getting colder, we have come into the lounge to find it flashing what seems to be an error code (cuz it ain't heating!) The green timer light will flash continuously, while the red operation light will flash 5 times, pause, and then flash 5 times again, etc...I can't seem to find this error code anywhere?
The only solution I have come up with is to turn the unit off outside, wait 10 minutes, then turn it on again and all is good, but it is a bit annoying to have to do that EVERY MORNING?!?!
Any help as to what you think it might be would be greatly appreciated!
Many thanks in advance!
Cheers! :)

Brian_UK
11-06-2010, 11:20 PM
Not found your model but attached file has error codes which seem to be the same across Fujitsu.

http://www.fgeurofred.co.uk/content/Product_Data/Service/Service/ABYF18LAT%20-%20AOYB18LACL%20-%20Service.pdf

Below 0
12-06-2010, 12:15 PM
Hi I have just checked fujitsu manual and I would advise you to call a fridge company to check. This could be 1 of 4 things and you will need a competent person to resolve this.sorry but soumds like it could be expensive.
Cheers Andrew

bigor_2
12-06-2010, 07:20 PM
gllitznz
Download Service Instruction from http://rapidshare.com/files/398279131/SI_9_18LSAC_LSBC.pdf.html
and see section Self-diagnosis function (p.51 and p.54 for AcrobatReader).

nike123
12-06-2010, 08:55 PM
gllitznz
Download Service Instruction from http://rapidshare.com/files/398279131/SI_9_18LSAC_LSBC.pdf.html
and see section Self-diagnosis function (p.51 and p.54 for AcrobatReader).

I don't see what is the point in giving openly service manual to end user with no qualification or tools to use it in order to resolve his problem.

This error is in connection with inverter and compressor or outdoor fan current consumption, and even many of ordinary service engineers are not able to localize it or diagnose it without changing parts.
So how that will help end user?

nike123
12-06-2010, 09:09 PM
The only solution I have come up with is to turn the unit off outside, wait 10 minutes, then turn it on again and all is good, but it is a bit annoying to have to do that EVERY MORNING?!?!
Any help as to what you think it might be would be greatly appreciated!
Many thanks in advance!
Cheers! :)

I think that your error could be connected with power quality. Check with your power distributor that you have correct voltage witch doesn't drop out of acceptable limits when consumption is high (possibly at night with lot of electrical source heaters and other equipment is plugged in).
But before doing anything, check your user manual and clean indoor unit filter.

bigor_2
13-06-2010, 07:07 AM
gllitznz asked about the help.
Any help is welcomed.
gllitznz will choose.

gllitznz
13-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Many thanks for the advice, everyone...I will be in contact with a service person today and get back to you to let you know what they say!

gllitznz
15-06-2010, 04:27 AM
Just as a quick update...the air con tech guy came today and confirmed it was a "Compressor Location Error" (as per the service manual and he confirmed it with the Fujitsu folks)...so, he did some other checks and found the compressor to be faulty and is going to replace it...and THANK GOD it is still under parts and service warranty!

Many thanks, all, for your help and advice!

Cheers!

Brian_UK
15-06-2010, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the update :), many do not bother :(, and we're glad that the problem is being resolved. :)