PDA

View Full Version : Samsung SR-L3626B fault code RD?

jocarl11
11-06-2010, 10:40 AM
Firstly i'm new here so hi my names Carl. I wondered if someone can help me with my fridge freezer which i have just been given but is faulty! It's a Samsung SR-L3626B and when i turn it on it all starts up fine for 4 or 5 seconds it then cuts out completely with an error on the digital readout saying rd? I have heard rd is a damper/baffle fault so i have taken the plastic backing from the freezer and turned on the appliance and the damper rotates fine and is also free from ice?
Does this sound like a sensor may have gone down?

Kind regards Carl.

jocarl11
12-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Ok I take it the damper sensor is the reed s/w talked about in the service manual? Well i have noticed with my multimeter that the switch never turns off i'm not sure at what point it is supposed to turn off but i'm now sure its the switch that must be down! I would love some input to see if im on the right track before i spend money i don't need to lol.

Loops
16-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Hi Carl,

I can confirm the 'rd' code relates to the damper \ baffle assy not operating correctly.

If I understand correctly the damper rotates a few times to let cold air from the freezer into the fridge, thereby keeping fridge cold.

There is a reed switch activated by a magnet on the damper blade which counts the rotations. If there's no increase in count this triggers a fault.

Common problems are

1. Ice builds up and prevents the damper rotating.

2. The magnet falls off the damper blade.

From your description I think it's the magnet. You can turn the damper (so no ice build up) but the switch doesn't show open\ closed cct. Well if the magnet is missing the switch can't operate.

Try putting another magnet to the switch and see if it operates then.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Loops