PDA

View Full Version : Daikin VRV III Electrical consumption

sachin230
10-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Dear Member,

Daikin VRV III,cooling only
Outdoor model:RXYQ18PY16 & RXYQ10PY16,
Total Indoor(Ceiling cassette) -56 numbers.
Total tonnage :125
5 system of 22kw/28 hp total 110kw/140 Hp

please advice me in what way I can reduce the electrical consumption of air conditioning system.

your feedback on this much appreciated

Mentallist
10-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Sachin,

Daikin VRV systems come with pre-set target evaporating and condensing temperatures. One way to achieve what you are asking is to change these targets in the field settings. For instance: The Target evaporating temperature could be set to 11 instead of 6. the target condensing could be changed from 46 to 43. These will assist with power saving. It is these target that are changed automatically if you have the DNSS Ecosave option installed (Formally known as "Airnet". Your other option would be to install a DTA104 option PCB. This PCB can be set for the system to operate at reduced capacity - 40%, 60%, 70% or 80% dependant on how you program the outdoor PCB.

sachin230
11-06-2010, 11:34 AM
Any idea to save power using

operational setting. like to set fan speed.
service settings
Necessary interlocks
Servicing check points

Mentallist
12-06-2010, 06:54 AM
Sachin,
The information is on my previous post. Change target temperatures - Evap Target/Condensing Target in setting modes of the outdoor units. Or limit capacity of system via option PCB DTA104. With this PCB you can also limit outdoor fan operation steps.

ktm
08-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Hey metalist u seem to know your ****e can the coil temp settings b up in to vrv II ? Thanks

Mentallist
13-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Hi KTM, it is possible to change evap and condensing targets on VRV II also. If you look to the service manual in the mode 2 field settings of the outdoor unit.

VRVIII
13-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Hi KTM, it is possible to change evap and condensing targets on VRV II also. If you look to the service manual in the mode 2 field settings of the outdoor unit.

Adjusting the target evap/cond temp will only set the initial target temps, if an indoor unit requests a capacity increase the outdoor will vary the target Te/Tc as required.

On heat recovery systems the setting will only take effect when operating in full heating or full cooling, in heat recovery mode target Te/Tc will be calculated and set by outdoor.

brunstar
14-07-2010, 08:50 PM
get Daikin DNSS net have it monitored and this will save you some money!!!

Mentallist
15-07-2010, 08:45 PM
VRV III, I completely agree that this is only an initial target and is changed dependant on conditions of operation, but will save consumption when operating in and around the set point.

Brunstar, DNSS ECO - Save uses the same principle, this changes target Te/Tc to suit conditions, it is a closer control than merely changing the targets and factors in additional measurements, but works on the same principle.

If I have any of the above wrong, im open to being put right. Please advise

brunstar
15-07-2010, 09:40 PM
VRV III, I completely agree that this is only an initial target and is changed dependant on conditions of operation, but will save consumption when operating in and around the set point.

Brunstar, DNSS ECO - Save uses the same principle, this changes target Te/Tc to suit conditions, it is a closer control than merely changing the targets and factors in additional measurements, but works on the same principle.

If I have any of the above wrong, im open to being put right. Please advise

No your right, a very intelligent piece of monitoring equipment, also good to use on chillers with some retrofitting of sensors and transducers..

When you can message a customer and tell them to close the window, well that is intelligent and a good power saver..
not too expensive either..

brunstar
15-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Any idea to save power using

operational setting. like to set fan speed.
service settings
Necessary interlocks
Servicing check points

http://www.daikin.co.uk/binaries/Daikin%20Network%20Service%20System%20(DNSS)_tcm46-142112.pdf