PDA

View Full Version : 30000btu split

Draco
07-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Hi All

having a bit of a problem with a 30000 btu split unit.
the unit runs fine in cooling mode, but when i switch over to heating, nothing happens. the indoor fan does not start. the outside fan runs, the pipes on the outer don't even get hot. i change the reverse valve because i though it was stuck, but still nothing? i leave the unit running for 10 mins & inside fan still not comming on? gas pressure is good, no problem there, +/- 3,5 bar on the low. when on heating it sits at +/-4-5 bar? any ideas?:rolleyes:

sedgy
07-06-2010, 04:48 PM
hi draco, did you reset the controls to a new colder set point? did you give it time to come back on ? is it a heat pump?

Draco
08-06-2010, 09:14 AM
Unit works good in cooling mode, have no problems there. Heating is the problem, i added a bit more gas, the unit got too 10 bar, but still the inside fan never came on & the unit is stll not heating, i'm going to proceed to add more gas to the system, to see if i get the desired outcome.

Draco
08-06-2010, 09:31 AM
It's like the unit doesn't want to take in gas, on cooling it is sitting on 3.5 bar, low side. when i switch the unit off, the gauge only rises to 6 bars on the low.

sedgy
08-06-2010, 11:57 AM
why ow why ore you adding more gas ? when in the first place it MIGHT have too much gas in it to start with ?

Draco
08-06-2010, 01:24 PM
supply mannual say's to add, till pressure is about 4.5 bars on the low side, as stated cooling is perfect. But this also does not work, unit increases pressure gradually to 30 bar & trips out. indoorfan still does not come on. evacuated system, checked capillary for blockage, none. time to start from scratch & regas slowly, will gas up to 3.5 bar on low again & test the heat function. could this be a sensor problem on the indoor?

sedgy
08-06-2010, 02:04 PM
hi draco, I see its a new unit, its never run on heating , is the system pre- wired ¿ or is iot hard wiered ? if it is I would cheak the wiring, is the 3way valve energising < changing heating to cooling?< best of luck,

Draco
09-06-2010, 07:36 AM
Hi Sedgy, wiring is correct, 1 to 1, 2 to 2 etc. can only get up to 3 bars on cooling at the moment, is a cold day & gassing taking long, while heating up the bottle. only other thing i can think of is indoor sensor or cpu problem? compressor runs.

bigor_2
09-06-2010, 09:34 AM
If compressor starting in heating mode, check temperature gas pipe. If temperature is low that indoor unit fan be STOP.

Draco
14-06-2010, 06:59 AM
Compressor starts, pipe is luke warm & does not get hot. Indoor fan does not come on at all, outside fan works constantly, pressure rises to +/- 30 bars & unit trips out.

nike123
14-06-2010, 07:18 AM
What is unit make and model#? What refrigerant?
Remove all gas and charge by weight stated on nameplate!!!! Do not charge it by pressure. If that is what is said in manual, then burn that manual.
Indoor fan is switched ON only after indoor heat exchanger probe is signaling that temperature of indoor heat exchanger is above 35°C (or somewhere near that figure) to prevent cold air blowing. If that sensor is faulty, fan will never going to start and you will newer charge that unit right by measuring pressures (even if it is good, you still will not charge it right by measuring only pressures).

Draco
14-06-2010, 09:18 AM
I have charged by weight, R22 model: Fairland, the pipes do not get hot enough, i have changed the sensor & cpu on the unit, still nothing for heating & i have changed the 3way valve, checked capillaries for blockages, all ok, at a loss here.

nike123
14-06-2010, 09:38 AM
I have charged by weight, R22 model: Fairland, the pipes do not get hot enough, i have changed the sensor & cpu on the unit, still nothing for heating & i have changed the 3way valve, checked capillaries for blockages, all ok, at a loss here.

Now measure pressure at heating mode and record line temperatures from compressor to indoor unit and to outdoor unit at entrance and exit of each element along discharge and liquid line.