PDA

View Full Version : Carrier chiller 30gh with pro dialog plus

vivek
07-06-2010, 01:29 PM
OUR CARRIER CHILLER 30GH TYPE HAS LOST THE DISPLAY AND ALSO NO FUNCTION AT ALL. wHEN WE REPLACED THE BASIC BOARD "CONF" APPEARS ON THE SCREEN, WE TOOK THE HELP OF LOCAL CARRIER BUT THEY ARE NOT ABLE TO LOAD OR DOWN LOAD THE PROGRAMM.

HENCE PLEASE ADIVISE ME.

THANKS

VIVEK

Brian_UK
07-06-2010, 11:32 PM
Sorry, you must get Carrier to configure your system.

Source : Carrier Pro-Dialog Manual
When “conF” shows on the user interface, this means that the basic board must be configured. This can only be done by Carrier Service.

Gibbo
10-06-2010, 11:39 AM
Your local Carrier office should be able to download the new software and configure it failing that you could contact Carrier Service UK 0n 44-2088147600 and they will either send a engineer or you could just send them the board for downloading and they will send it back ready to plug in.

Did you buy it from Carrier locally ?

vivek
17-06-2010, 06:32 AM
Dear Gibbo,

Thanks for the response. Actually I bought the boards and eeproms from chillmech ltd, UK, before they sending us the board and eeprom they had mentioned the board and eeproms should be programmed with the local carrier support. But local carrier is not able to do, inspite of having the engineering codes. Hence I sent the new board and the eeproms to UK to get the job done. But the old one after resoldering some points on the pcb, it started working, but showing also "Conf". At present I just wait for the new board to come with configuration. Any help can be rendered to solve the old board. I appreciate.

Gibbo
17-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Carrier have a software program to download the engineering codes this is the configuration that you mention. The chiller then knows exactly what type of chiller. No other configuration is needed you just plug it in and go.

Who did you send it too in the UK Carrier or Chillmech ?

babar sharif
19-06-2010, 07:19 PM
Hi this is babar sharif our carrier chiller 30gh-685-0188-ee type has lost the display and also no function at all. When we replaced the basic board "conf" appears on the screen, we took the help of local carrier but they are not able to load or down load the programm.check with you or your friend any one have manual for it

hence please adivise me.

Thanks

babar sharif
19-06-2010, 07:24 PM
[quote=babar sharif;192164]Hi this is babar sharif our carrier chiller 30gh-685-0188-ee type has lost the display and also no function at all. When we replaced the basic board "conf" appears on the screen, i think we made mistake default parameters and we took the help of local carrier service centre but they are not able to load or down load the programm.check with you or your friend any one have manual for it

hence please adivise me.

Thanks
babar sharif

babar sharif
19-06-2010, 07:29 PM
vivek do have this above mentioned chillers manual.

babar sharif
19-06-2010, 07:29 PM
i need manual of carrier 30gh chiller

Gibbo
19-06-2010, 10:08 PM
See above for Carrier Service UK telephone number contact them to arrange to send back to UK for configuration you would need to give them congfiguration codes which are inside the display panel.
Depending on what version of pro dialog you have you may also need to modify the control wiring as new boards have integral start / stop button as opposed to the old style rotary switch start / stop
They will then send back the board configured ready for you to install with any other information you need.
As for chiller manual go to the following website.
http://eto.carrier.com/lit.asp
Hope this helps